Switch cartridges

General No-Intro related discussions.
Hiccup
Datter

Re: Switch cartridges

Post by Hiccup » 12 Jun 2018 19:02

That's what I'll plan to do, and as you suggested in the other thread - I'll post pictures as proof.

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 12 Jun 2018 19:04

That's what I plan to do, and as you suggested in the other thread - I'll post pictures as proof.

hking0036
Datter

Post by hking0036 » 12 Jun 2018 19:34

psykopat wrote:
12 Jun 2018 10:23
Hey :) Nice to see this thread still running
As mentioned above, you're right for the back-serial :
- first 4 digits are the game code
- 5th is the region/zone id (and is a part of the game code)
- 6 to 8th are still obscure, and could be a production lot ID. After research I can't find any link with the game size, secure chip, region, languages, or production date... each thread I've read about this got a different theory too.
- last 3 digits are the game revision

More useful links :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cartridge-i ... on.492311/
display the first spoiler to see many revisions, many of them are not dumped yet

https://github.com/jakibaki/switch-game-card-dumper
open source cartridge dumper, recently added xci format
The letter for Region/Zone seems to be a little bit of a mess at times, with A being used for JPN/WLD, and B or D can be used w/ USA, (Splatoon uses B, USF2 uses D), they keep the region tags on the end of the cart but for some reason we don't seem to be including those in the DoM. I think we might want to start using those.

Also, unrelated but I've been putting in the new Scene releases today and a new team is out dumping JPN games. On their archives they just use "HR" but on the NFO they use "TEAM HR" so I put the full name in, may or may not be wrong. Also, they included a front shot of the cart with their Fire Emblem Musou dump and there's no place to put that for the Scene releases so if anyone can help me out with that I would appreciate.

I've re-upped the image here, was listed as hr-adxha.jpg in the archive -> https://i.imgur.com/yHK5Uwm.jpg

Connie
Datter

Post by Connie » 12 Jun 2018 21:57

Codes A-E exist.

The code isn't region specific, it's more a case of first release gets A, second region release get B, etc.

If the game has the same dump/internal data for Europe/USA or 'World', then obviously they will share to same code - usually A.
But, if for example,a game is made/released in Korea first - and lets say it's a huge game so it can't share region languages, then it will get code A followed by B,C, etc as the other regions are released.

So you have Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers currently with A,D & E releases, I suspect B & C exist, one being Korean.

hking0036
Datter

Post by hking0036 » 13 Jun 2018 01:32

Connie wrote:
12 Jun 2018 21:57
Codes A-E exist.

The code isn't region specific, it's more a case of first release gets A, second region release get B, etc.

If the game has the same dump/internal data for Europe/USA or 'World', then obviously they will share to same code - usually A.
But, if for example,a game is made/released in Korea first - and lets say it's a huge game so it can't share region languages, then it will get code A followed by B,C, etc as the other regions are released.

So you have Ultra Street Fighter II - The Final Challengers currently with A,D & E releases, I suspect B & C exist, one being Korean.
Seems right enough, I don't know what the other letter would be. In regards to the cart serial though I think we need to re-evaluate it. We're currently not including the 3-letter region code on the cart, which I suppose is fine for the world releases because it ultimately doesn't matter (they're all using letter A), but in the case of region-specific games it might be advisable for when the build doesn't align with the code there. Also, with the revised games the serials are marked LA-H-AAAAA1 (for BotW as an example) - which isn't right at all because this isn't printed on the front of the cart and only included on the back that doesn't use this format, which, I suppose would fall under "additional serial" (coincidentally where I put it on my redumps). Or would it be better to use the longer code as the cart serial and have the label's code placed elsewhere?

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 13 Jun 2018 20:39

I am working on DOM's next big update: "scene" table will gain "picture", "cart serial", "dump tool" new fields.

jimmsu
Datter

Post by jimmsu » 13 Jun 2018 21:32

xuom2 wrote:
13 Jun 2018 20:39
I am working on DOM's next big update: "scene" table will gain "picture", "cart serial", "dump tool" new fields.
Could you add one more : title ID for the nintendo games.

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 14 Jun 2018 09:44

That would be a file field (like the "ROM serial" one), not a scene release field - but it would be beneficial to have it

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 14 Jun 2018 11:50

yes i can add such field to "archive".
at the moment the data could be stored in "media", but right now it's not possible to search in media (due to the fact that media is mainly unused).

John Enigma

Post by John Enigma » 14 Jun 2018 14:36

Has the Nintendo Switch eShop games (and DLC stuff) been added to the DAT as well, or they haven't been dumped yet like the carts?

hking0036
Datter

Post by hking0036 » 14 Jun 2018 15:07

John Enigma wrote:
14 Jun 2018 14:36
Has the Nintendo Switch eShop games (and DLC stuff) been added to the DAT as well, or they haven't been dumped yet like the carts?
There's already an eshop dat but if you look at it you'll see there's only one item in it because there has only been one scene release from eshop so far and no public way to dump eshop titles.

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 14 Jun 2018 15:13

No, there are ways to dump digital titles (including straight from the CDN), its just that it requires a cert from a Switch, and the process will likely get the cert, and therefore the Switch, banned from online play.

hking0036
Datter

Post by hking0036 » 15 Jun 2018 18:52

Hiccup wrote:
14 Jun 2018 15:13
No, there are ways to dump digital titles (including straight from the CDN), its just that it requires a cert from a Switch, and the process will likely get the cert, and therefore the Switch, banned from online play.
I don't think there are any public ways, though. Also, I believe (don't quote me) that .xci and .nsp are fairly similar, and .nsp is pretty similar in concept to .cia for the 3ds. It should be pretty easy to strip out the console specific info from the package once the time comes down to it. The CDN grabbing stuff from the 3ds/wiiu are the riskiest at this point in time (as far as anyone knows, anyways).

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 15 Jun 2018 19:01

hking0036 wrote:
15 Jun 2018 18:52
Hiccup wrote:
14 Jun 2018 15:13
I don't think there are any public ways, though.
There are. Ask whovian.
hking0036 wrote:
15 Jun 2018 18:52
Also, I believe (don't quote me) that .xci and .nsp are fairly similar, and .nsp is pretty similar in concept to .cia for the 3ds.
It should be pretty easy to strip out the console specific info from the package once the time comes down to it. The CDN grabbing stuff from the 3ds/wiiu are the riskiest at this point in time (as far as anyone knows, anyways).
I have never heard of people being banned for downloading from the pre-Switch CDN (its all one CDN). And people have been doing it for years.

John Enigma

Post by John Enigma » 15 Jun 2018 20:48

I asked the eShop question because of this reason only.

Has the original & unmodified Donkey Kong arcade cabinet being dumped before?