It is currently 15 Dec 2017 14:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017 14:26 
Offline

Joined: 25 Nov 2016 17:09
Posts: 85
Rofl piracy who really cares for it if people really cared for piracy there would be zero rom hosting sites, no 10000 emulators and no no-intro.

Sorry for the offtopic but i cringe every time i hear about piracy in sites which are about emulation or roms.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017 19:33 
Offline
High Council
User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2008 18:45
Posts: 1117
My reply was to Kratos. I don't care why you download gameZ (and it's off-topic).

Quote:
It is what was discussed & requested by loads of users on various sites on the net.

I was not sure if these "loads of users" are really interested in preservation or they just want cracked & fixed warez ready to play.

No-Intro has no interest in crap like "Boktai Solar Sensor Patch".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017 16:29 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 02 Nov 2014 08:37
Posts: 139
xuom2 wrote:
If you prefer .cia files because they are more easy to play & pirate, I have to remember that no-intro purpose is having dumps as 1:1 original as possible.
Encrypted dumps, not working on flashcards or not recognized by emulators, if clean and in their native format are preferred.
If your argument is about a better technical format, I am like Jon Snow :o

But the same applies for WiiWare WAD files. Having the files in tmd/content is useless as you still can't decrypt and install the game. In this case, the titlekey and ticket isn't being preserved, so you're getting 50% of the preservation and none of the use.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017 00:30 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 14 May 2010 22:14
Posts: 407
einstein95 wrote:
xuom2 wrote:
If you prefer .cia files because they are more easy to play & pirate, I have to remember that no-intro purpose is having dumps as 1:1 original as possible.
Encrypted dumps, not working on flashcards or not recognized by emulators, if clean and in their native format are preferred.
If your argument is about a better technical format, I am like Jon Snow :o

But the same applies for WiiWare WAD files. Having the files in tmd/content is useless as you still can't decrypt and install the game. In this case, the titlekey and ticket isn't being preserved, so you're getting 50% of the preservation and none of the use.



There can be put in a .tik file or .Cetk file made with cdn-fx for the games we know the key.
Also possible , maybe the seed in a file for the games that use it.

Then all should be good or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017 18:25 
Offline

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 06:27
Posts: 207
I’m sorry for stepping away from this thread (especially since I’m the one that started it). I started a new job this year and have been busy, but I’m back catching up with the conversation.

jimmsu wrote:
We are going to start with the new 3DS DLC dat .

About the version number , i am going to use the version number from nintendo like it is in the tmd.

Its like here too , https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/VersionList

Some games have updates but you don't see a version string in the game.
So then it is hard to determine what version it should be.

I think that’s a good call jimmsu.

Kratos wrote:
It's nothing to do with piracy although most of the no intro collections are ready for piracy & can be played
I agree people do want roms in a playable format either on emulators or flashcards which is piracy but a massive amount of users (like me) enjoy the collecting of these sets.

The .cia format is the format people believe is the native format for 3DS DLC & what they have been asking for including the op who started this thread & others who posted in it & in plenty of other threads on different sites.

Anywho if that is the format you decided to release the dat in then I will respect that & I look forward to collecting the new set(s)

I don’t disagree with Kratos. It’s not so much about piracy as it is accessibility. CIA files do have their place as a container for ease of use. There is no point in archiving things if it can’t be used. As einstein95 said:

einstein95 wrote:
But the same applies for WiiWare WAD files. Having the files in tmd/content is useless as you still can't decrypt and install the game. In this case, the titlekey and ticket isn't being preserved, so you're getting 50% of the preservation and none of the use.

To his point, if I am to download these in the tmd/content format (or RAW format as I’ve seen it listed elsewhere), how would I reassemble it to a CIA for any kind of use?

To me all of what No-Intro and Redump is about is two parts. It’s preservation of old games in their purest format (part 1) for future use (part 2).

Now that all said, what tool are you using to get the RAW files? Ptrk25 has stopped all development of CDN-FX which was the tool I was primarily reliant on.

P.S. Happy 2017! Only a few more weeks until the Switch gets released!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017 19:17 
Offline
Dumper

Joined: 28 May 2008 10:16
Posts: 31
I was looking for this thread.

The reason is that i want to have shop title of physical carts be allowed as verficiation.

Now on the topic of the file type to use, keep in mind that CIA files are pretty much installers, or containers for transfering data over the internet. A CIA still needs to be installed, and its the installed files that should match a dump from a cart.

Now this is a relatively unique situation where you can get a game either fully installed or as an installer...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017 19:36 
Offline

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 06:27
Posts: 207
I just had another thought. With the coming together of how to handle 3DS eShop/download titles, do we want to go after Wii U stuff as well?

I have a big list off disc dumps to contribute to Redump once they are back up and running, but all the download stuff would fall under No-Intro to handle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017 06:40 
Offline

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 06:27
Posts: 207
I've been playing around with the latest/last version of CDN-FX (2.2) and the RAW files line up with the current New 3DS DLC DAT that is out so I can only assume it is a valid tool. However I have two questions in regards to this.

1. It downloads a cetk file that is not recognized by the DAT. What is this file and how is it not related?
2. How can I convert the RAW files back into a .cia so that they are usable?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017 19:13 
Offline
Dumper

Joined: 28 May 2008 10:16
Posts: 31
gamecaptor wrote:
I've been playing around with the latest/last version of CDN-FX (2.2) and the RAW files line up with the current New 3DS DLC DAT that is out so I can only assume it is a valid tool. However I have two questions in regards to this.

1. It downloads a cetk file that is not recognized by the DAT. What is this file and how is it not related?
2. How can I convert the RAW files back into a .cia so that they are usable?


1. its the common ticket, see https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Ticket#Some_facts
2. CDN-FX can build the cia for you

PS did you download the 2nd version of the final release? he reupladed it with some changes without changing the version nr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017 21:36 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 11:29
Posts: 188
How will games that differ in their digital versions be handle? There are some games that differ. I wonder if they use different title IDs or revision numbers (rev 0, rev 1, rev 2) or if the different components will have to be compared.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017 21:58 
Offline

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 06:27
Posts: 207
Hiccup wrote:
How will games that differ in their digital versions be handle? There are some games that differ. I wonder if they use different title IDs or revision numbers (rev 0, rev 1, rev 2) or if the different components will have to be compared.


Off the top of my head they will have different file sizes and hashes, I don't believe the title IDs would change. Generally the only difference will be updates that I am aware of.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017 13:42 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 11:29
Posts: 188
would the current .CIA/.3DS files be converted to the "original" files?

or would everything have to be done from scratch?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017 17:20 
Offline

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 06:27
Posts: 207
Good question. I guess in theory you could unpack the .cia files and it should line up, but I'm thinking it's easier to just start from scratch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017 19:03 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 11:29
Posts: 188
at least one entry will need to be based on a local copy (.CIA, .3DS or files on someone's 3DS NAND): ironfall rev 0 (v???) as the contents were removed from the CDN.

will we also be having decrypted hashes for applicable files, like with the 3DS cart dat?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 May 2017 00:26 
Offline

Joined: 16 Jul 2010 06:27
Posts: 207
Hello all,

I just wanted to revisit this. Was there ever a conclusion to the direction to go with the 3DS (DLC) DAT? Last I thought I saw was going towards a "raw" format (Folder\*.app, *.tik, *.tmd), though the .tik file was removed from the one time I tested a DAT, which I do not agree with.

Is that still the direction to go or is it still being discussed?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group