Re: E-Reader

Post by Collecter » 29 Sep 2018 17:07

Somebody help this guy! :love:

Chacu

Post by Chacu » 30 Sep 2018 15:53

TankedThomas wrote:
19 Sep 2018 20:24
Apologies for bumping this old thread but I was wondering if anyone could please explain to me what the "a" and "b" on some of the cards refers to.

Looking up those Pokemon trading cards with the e-Reader barcodes, I've found two that have yet to be dumped and would be happy to dump them, but one of them is the Boost Energy... but it's labeled as 086/087 with no "a" or "b" after its card number.

As there's little point in me obtaining it and dumping it if it's identical to the existing 086b dump, I wanted to make sure before spending money on it.
"086/087" is the index number of the card inside it's set, so this is card 86 of all 87 cards (well actually there are some rare hollow cards that are 088/087 and something like that for whatever reason).
The "a" and "b" comes from the ID that's printed below the cards graphic. Like this:

TankedThomas

Post by TankedThomas » 05 Oct 2018 13:45

Chacu wrote:
30 Sep 2018 15:53
TankedThomas wrote:
19 Sep 2018 20:24
Apologies for bumping this old thread but I was wondering if anyone could please explain to me what the "a" and "b" on some of the cards refers to.

Looking up those Pokemon trading cards with the e-Reader barcodes, I've found two that have yet to be dumped and would be happy to dump them, but one of them is the Boost Energy... but it's labeled as 086/087 with no "a" or "b" after its card number.

As there's little point in me obtaining it and dumping it if it's identical to the existing 086b dump, I wanted to make sure before spending money on it.
"086/087" is the index number of the card inside it's set, so this is card 86 of all 87 cards (well actually there are some rare hollow cards that are 088/087 and something like that for whatever reason).
The "a" and "b" comes from the ID that's printed below the cards graphic. Like this:
Oh, I didn't even notice that at all! Thanks very much. I just got ahold of the undumped Octillery so I'll dump it once I get my Windows 98 machine set up with my MBV2 cable (or if the guy who made the e-Reader dumping hack makes a hack for the e-Reader+ before then).

The Boost Energy I'm looking at buying doesn't seem to have a number in the image (it's a legit card though) but it's hard to tell because the image quality isn't great. Since I'm collecting them anyway, I'll grab it next week and I guess we'll find out whether or not it's the undumped version.

EDIT: Derp, didn't even check. Pikachu025 updated the tool. Gonna dump Octillery now!

scyther-grovyle
Datter

Post by scyther-grovyle » 06 Oct 2018 06:54

I think that reverse holos didn't have the codes because the reflection would forbid scanning anyway.