Anyone have an unused 3DS?

General No-Intro related discussions.
Hiccup
Datter

Anyone have an unused 3DS?

Post by Hiccup » 08 Mar 2018 11:46

I'd like to dat 3DS NANDs, but the console would have to be unmodified, and therefore never switched on (I assume).

So does anyone here have an unused 3DS and would be willing to provide dump their NAND, providing checksums for the dump + the extracted files?

You'd have to use ntrboothax (which uses a DS flashcart flashed using another 3DS or DS and lets you run low-level homebrew before the 3DS is fully booted) to run GodMode9 to dump the NAND to the SD card.

Collecter

Re: Anyone have an unused 3DS?

Post by Collecter » 23 Mar 2018 09:08

Good luck with that I'd like the latest version of the 3ds English nand at least to be preserved, there's already a dsi nand available in a reddit post and has the latest English version of menu

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 24 Mar 2018 11:53

The reason why I want to do this is because even though a lot of stuff can be gotten via the system update stuff on the CDN, some stuff is probably unique to the NANDs (factory testing leftovers, 1.0.0 system versions)

Myria

Post by Myria » 25 Mar 2018 09:36

I have many unused American 3DS's, but the 3DS's from the beginning were sealed, so I'd have to break the seals.

My day-one US New 3DS XL was hardmodded before it booted for the first time, and I dumped its flash. This led to a dump of N3DS CtrAging with a valid signature.

We've never managed to recover a valid .tmd file for CtrAging or TestMenu despite trying several new systems. They've always been partly overwritten with SecureInfo_A or movable.sed.

Also, "datting" them makes no sense: every system has different data in its NAND. As a trivial example, nandrw:/sys/SecureInfo_A contains your serial number. Beyond that, almost the entire NAND image is encrypted with keys that are unique to individual systems.

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 25 Mar 2018 11:55

Potential solution:
* Hashes of the NAND with the unique data removed would be used.
* Hashes of said modified NAND in decrypted form would also be used.
* Some (at least) of the unique data and keys would be included in the DoM item's metadata

You seem more knowledgeable about this: Would this solution work?

Post by 54634564 » 25 Mar 2018 20:29

Myria wrote:We've never managed to recover a valid .tmd file for ... TestMenu
Here's data+tmd+tik of O3DS 0004003000008102 TestMenu recovered from retail NAND.
http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/e7ynS9Mi/file.html

Myria

Post by Myria » 25 Mar 2018 20:45

Hiccup wrote:Potential solution:
* Hashes of the NAND with the unique data removed would be used.
* Hashes of said modified NAND in decrypted form would also be used.
* Some (at least) of the unique data and keys would be included in the DoM item's metadata

You seem more knowledgeable about this: Would this solution work?
Like the DSi and Switch, the NAND contains a FAT filesystem. The special CtrAging and such that you're looking for are deleted by the factory setup process. The CtrAging dumps that exist have come from reading "deleted" files that didn't get overwritten.

There is way too much individual system data here. If you removed all of that, you'd essentially be left with the system .cia files.

I suppose it would be useful to archive one 3DS NAND of each model, plus that system's OTP (fuse storage) data. The OTP plus boot ROM is enough information to decrypt all the files in the NAND. You'd be sacrificing the system, however, by revealing that serial number to the Internet.

KingMike

Post by KingMike » 26 Mar 2018 03:31

Would dumping a console but withholding the data until online support is dropped basically make it not matter if the serial is revealed to the Internet? (nothing left to get banned for)