hking0036
Datter

Re: Dumping Guides

Post by hking0036 » 16 Jun 2018 16:23

Whovian9369 wrote:
31 May 2018 07:12
hking0036 wrote:
31 May 2018 00:00
Switch has an XCI Dumping script public you can run if you have access to pegaswitch (3.0.0 and very recently 4.1.0 only),

You can read this on how to set up pegaswitch: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-se ... ew.489299/

XCI Dumper is available here: https://gist.github.com/AcK77/56b86469f ... 2cb962ee30

This only applies to switch carts, currently there's no good way to dump digital (and nintendo is b&ing people from pulling from NUS this time around). As the public CFWs come closer there will presumably be more (and easier) tools for this.
I'd argue that decrypting NCAs from the SD Card is the way to go for installed titles, since they're the same as the CDN copies in all of the instances I've seen.

Requires removing the SD Card encryption, of course. Thanksfully it's just double encrypted.

Original NCA > Title Key encryption (which is the "original" version) > SD Card encrypted

How to get the SD Seed is something I'll get into later...

Then compare the SHA256 of the newly SD-Decrypted file to the folder name, and you're golden!

... I'll probably write that into Hiccup's wiki later.
Follow-up on this, NCAs are the game content which is well and good, .NSP files are akin to .CIA files from 3DS, and contain nca, cnmt, tik, cert. tik/cert (should be) console-specific so if we come down to that then they should be blanked anyways, but I don't know what the cnmt entails, I'll try and dig up more about that.

Whovian9369
Datter

Post by Whovian9369 » 17 Jun 2018 02:52

hking0036 wrote:
16 Jun 2018 16:23
Whovian9369 wrote:
hking0036 wrote:
31 May 2018 00:00
Switch has an XCI Dumping script public you can run if you have access to pegaswitch (3.0.0 and very recently 4.1.0 only),

You can read this on how to set up pegaswitch: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-se ... ew.489299/

XCI Dumper is available here: https://gist.github.com/AcK77/56b86469f ... 2cb962ee30

This only applies to switch carts, currently there's no good way to dump digital (and nintendo is b&ing people from pulling from NUS this time around). As the public CFWs come closer there will presumably be more (and easier) tools for this.
I'd argue that decrypting NCAs from the SD Card is the way to go for installed titles, since they're the same as the CDN copies in all of the instances I've seen.

Requires removing the SD Card encryption, of course. Thanksfully it's just double encrypted.

Original NCA > Title Key encryption (which is the "original" version) > SD Card encrypted

Then compare the SHA256 of the newly SD-Decrypted file to the folder name, and you're golden!

Follow-up on this, NCAs are the game content which is well and good, .NSP files are akin to .CIA files from 3DS, and contain nca, cnmt, tik, cert. tik/cert (should be) console-specific so if we come down to that then they should be blanked anyways, but I don't know what the cnmt entails, I'll try and dig up more about that.
(I never did make that guide... I'll have to get to that a little later, haha! Thanks for reminding me, hking!)

I don't know if we should dat NSP files quite yet, especially until we figure out "what" they are, how they're "properly" made, etc... Until then, it might be a good idea to DAT those yet, for hopefully obvious reasons :P

CNMT is basically the 3DS TMD but changed somewhat, I believe. http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=NCA has some info, I believe.

hking0036
Datter

Post by hking0036 » 17 Jun 2018 03:07

Whovian9369 wrote:
17 Jun 2018 02:52
hking0036 wrote:
16 Jun 2018 16:23
Whovian9369 wrote:

(I never did make that guide... I'll have to get to that a little later, haha! Thanks for reminding me, hking!)

I don't know if we should dat NSP files quite yet, especially until we figure out "what" they are, how they're "properly" made, etc... Until then, it might be a good idea to DAT those yet, for hopefully obvious reasons :P

CNMT is basically the 3DS TMD but changed somewhat, I believe. http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=NCA has some info, I believe.
Yeah, I get that. I think there's more to come with that soon though. There seems to be a title installer/dumper in the work that may end up making .nsp soon, but ultimately I think we just need to sit on this some more (there's only one entry so far after all).

A guide would be nice to have around! :)

HiddenRhino

Post by HiddenRhino » 23 Jun 2019 13:50

With the newest release of https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool
Users now can dump
Due to public demand, NSP dumping, ExeFS dumping/browsing and RomFS dumping/browsing support has been added for base applications, updates and DLCs available in both SD card and eMMC!
And the main point of the change log that also is of interest is
It is possible to generate console-specific NSP dumps, dumps with modified tickets to remove console-specific data, and ticket-less dumps with standard NCA key area crypto.

Two new options are available in the NSP dump submenus for SD/eMMC titles: "Remove console specific data" and "Generate ticket-less dump". The latter won't appear if the former isn't enabled.
"Remove console specific data" cleans console specific data fields from a "personalized" ticket and replaces its RSA titlekey block with a 16-byte encrypted titlekey, essentially converting it to a "common" ticket. This option has no effect if the title already uses a "common" ticket.
"Generate ticket-less dump" goes another step ahead by cleaning up the Rights ID field in every NCA content file that includes it, stores the decrypted titlekey in the NCA key area and then encrypts this area using standard crypto, removing the need for a tik/cert combination.
Console-specific NSP dumps and dumps with modified tickets include both tik and cert files.
All NSP dumps generated from installed SD/eMMC titles include both .cnmt.xml and .nacp.xml files whenever possible.
So now we have an all in one dumping tool that isn't specific to just carts anymore. I thought i might post this information here as to start some discussion and also ask if you guys would care if i filled out the rather lacking Nintendo Switch digital section https://wiki.no-intro.org/index.php?tit ... ping_Guide

Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup » 24 Jun 2019 20:43

HiddenRhino wrote:
23 Jun 2019 13:50
With the newest release of https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool
Users now can dump
Due to public demand, NSP dumping, ExeFS dumping/browsing and RomFS dumping/browsing support has been added for base applications, updates and DLCs available in both SD card and eMMC!
And the main point of the change log that also is of interest is
It is possible to generate console-specific NSP dumps, dumps with modified tickets to remove console-specific data, and ticket-less dumps with standard NCA key area crypto.

Two new options are available in the NSP dump submenus for SD/eMMC titles: "Remove console specific data" and "Generate ticket-less dump". The latter won't appear if the former isn't enabled.
"Remove console specific data" cleans console specific data fields from a "personalized" ticket and replaces its RSA titlekey block with a 16-byte encrypted titlekey, essentially converting it to a "common" ticket. This option has no effect if the title already uses a "common" ticket.
"Generate ticket-less dump" goes another step ahead by cleaning up the Rights ID field in every NCA content file that includes it, stores the decrypted titlekey in the NCA key area and then encrypts this area using standard crypto, removing the need for a tik/cert combination.
Console-specific NSP dumps and dumps with modified tickets include both tik and cert files.
All NSP dumps generated from installed SD/eMMC titles include both .cnmt.xml and .nacp.xml files whenever possible.
So now we have an all in one dumping tool that isn't specific to just carts anymore. I thought i might post this information here as to start some discussion and also ask if you guys would care if i filled out the rather lacking Nintendo Switch digital section https://wiki.no-intro.org/index.php?tit ... ping_Guide
Thanks for the update. Feel free to fill that page out but keep in mind that digital dumps should be added as NCA files, not NSP.

PabloACZ

Post by PabloACZ » 18 Jul 2019 13:03

Hi there. I hope you're all fine. :)

I'm DarkMatterCore, the developer behind NXDumpTool. I registered here a long time ago with my old username, back when Wood Dumper (NDS) was released.

Just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions regarding Switch content dumping, I'd be more than glad to help. That includes helping with the Switch dumping guides.

Versions 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 have also been released in the past month, so you might want to check out the changelog for those as well.