Ereader naming of pokemon card packs

General No-Intro related discussions.
xuom2
High Council

Ereader naming of pokemon card packs

Post by xuom2 » 19 Mar 2019 16:54

What do you think?
The sets names are incomplete/incorrect. The US packs each contained the equivalent of two of the fixed Japanese packs. Whilst each of the Japanese packs have individual names, the English-language pack names correspond to the first of the two included packs: Freezing Ray (also includes Seizing Poison), Hidden Ruins (also includes Cordial Bond), and Iron Defense (also includes Solid Armor). The checklist cards included with US packs confirm that there are 6 sets.

Tauwasser
Datter

Re: Ereader naming of pokemon card packs

Post by Tauwasser » 20 Mar 2019 00:26

Is there an actual proposal what to change the names to? Just saying they're incorrect, which is probably true, doesn't really provide a good basis to decide here.

Should they be named Freezing Ray/Seizing Poison etc? What were the official names printed on the sets?

xuom2
High Council

Re: Ereader naming of pokemon card packs

Post by xuom2 » 20 Mar 2019 06:54

I't difficult to answer because I don't think that packages report for example "Cordial Bond". I think the US packs got 1 name including two sets. It's also true that names like "Cordial Bond" are not unofficial. This card, included in the set as guide, refers to this subset:

https://projectpokemon.org/home/gallery ... card-1png/

The JPN packages should be checked too: maybe the regional variants naming is not coherent.

Bulbapedia lists the subset but has no images of card packs: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki ... :_Series_1

Maybe with e-Reader I suggest to not strictly follow our "boxart-rule" and be more free, cataloguing things as a card collector would do...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.