DOM - things to do

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
xuom2
High Council

DOM - things to do

Post by xuom2 » 14 Apr 2018 18:36

1) DUMP STATUS

the code that defines the rom status seems to be written 3 times and different in DOM.

a) when I show the records
b) when I download the verifications
c) when I download the xml datfile

the first urgent thing to do is unify this code.
there should be 1 unique function / algorithm that decides what's the status, and every other part of DOM should call it.

2) REDUMP

In DOM there is an option to add a "redump", while at this point is better to submit simply "dump", and let DOM scan and define what is a "redump" and what not.

3) DATA IMPORT

I already load gameheader data (size, md5, etc) automatically, but not archive and source data.
i think that adding fields directly in the txt will save me the time of loading pages and interface and pushing buttons many times.

4) HIDDEN DATA

Will add a new field to ARCHIVE: hidden. Such items will disappear from the public eye.
Nothing secret here: simply work in progress data.

5) PRIVACY

at the moment nicknames are hidden, will show nicknames of users that agree to this.

6) BULK IMPORT OF MEDIA DATA

I will add support to csv import for MEDIA table.

7) the future

In the future I will have to change again (!) (but it's always better :P) a bit the structure of the db.
Hard to explain...
Now it's easy to have "decrypted/encrypted" romdata for the same file. But there is no support to 3 or more formats. Or to formats with different file structure.
For this reason we have 1 NDS set with decrypted/encrypted options and 2 separated PS3 sets.
To merge PS3 we should declare for each SOURCE the formats supported and have 1 binlist for each format available.
We will have 1 ARCHIVE and the WAD dump(s), the CDN dump(s), the XXXXXXXX dump(s), ...
Design changed a lot of times in these years... I'm sorry ^_^

xuom2
High Council

Re: DOM - things to do

Post by xuom2 » 16 Apr 2018 13:14

point (3): an initial version of this tool is online at SUBMIT / Upload Txt
other upload tools (dir2dat and pclone) were moved from ADMIN menu to SUBMIT menu.
feel free to check it but BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE ZTEST ROMSET!

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 28 Apr 2018 12:04

points (1) and (2): done.

RetroGamer
Dumper

Post by RetroGamer » 07 May 2018 04:01

There must be something broken in the Dat-o-matic engine because the "Add new Redump" option was gone...
I kept adding my dumps with the only available option ("Submit new dump") but everytime i added a verification dump the DB showed this error message:
"WARNING

Two or more dumps are marked good but they have different hash! Please flag one or more sources as Baddump."

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 07 May 2018 05:15

I will remove that warning, it generates too much confusion.
To submit a redump, click on "Submit new dump" then at the bottom of the page, section "Binlist", flag "Redump".

(I am implementing the function to move an archive from a datset to another but it's more complicated than expected).

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 08 May 2018 12:50

(out of the list)
Created a page for "reports". At the moment only one is available: missing and excluded archives.
You can find it under SEARCH / REPORTS.

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 10 May 2018 08:20

I know you don't care/understand but I see point 7 is really more urgent than expected.
It will do deep changes in the structure. I will try to debug as much as possible.
Of course data will be automatically converted.

At the moment the idea is to not link a file list directly to Source. A "container" should be linked to Source where you only declare the type of dump (encrypted, big endian, etc). Each specific file list will be linked at each container.

Datsets with only 1 type of rom (99%) will automatically get a container when you submit data. Should be the same for the other (n64, nds). Will do any efforts to avoid confusion.

With this move we can merge Sony enc/dec sets, and have more than 2 types of dumps. We can have a encrypted set with 1 file and for example the decrypted set with more files.

The negative result may be a tiny slowdown of the engine because we are adding a new "layer" to the data.

Will do experiments on local machine, and I will upload only when all is ready. For this reason the actual version of DOM won't get bugfixes and changes until I finish this point.

Screwtape

Post by Screwtape » 10 May 2018 11:49

Will this make it possible for the SNES set to have a "program ROM" file and zero or more "coprocessor firmware" files as part of the same game? Or the NES set to have separate "program ROM" and "character ROM" files?

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 10 May 2018 12:54

Exactly. We can have 1 Nes datfile with options to get a "merged" or "splitted" set (or as you want to name them).
At the moment it's impossible. At the moment you are limited to store 2 different hashes to the same file (like nds and n64).

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 24 May 2018 15:31

it appears i'm absent but i am coding :S

hking0036

Post by hking0036 » 02 Jun 2018 23:55

@Xuom2 - I'm a little behind, but smart move. With the fractures from digital games being distributed and all the considerations to make I think it will pay off in the long run. Thanks for all the work. The current problems with distinguishing cdn etc will be good to be clear up.

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 19 Jun 2018 13:23

preview of DOM that will be able to support any number of dump formats, each one with any file format.
still testing, hope to upload near the end of this month.

:trumpet:

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 21 Jun 2018 10:16

Users and datters ask for special reports: I'm moving them all into a single place.

hking0036

Post by hking0036 » 21 Jun 2018 18:44

great work so far! :D :D

Connie
Datter

Post by Connie » 22 Jun 2018 07:16

Good work!

Now we can add Wii ISO & ISO.DEC (NASOS) :love:

While I'm here, do you want the NFO files for Switch to add to DoM ?
Maybe an integrated viewer/downloader could be added for NFO ?