It is currently 15 Dec 2017 15:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2015 09:46 

rouken wrote:
Correct pack name: 007 - Quantum of Solace
Current pack name: 007 - Quantum of Solace (Europe) (En,Fr)

money_114 wrote:
Why are all Fields included in <release name> again?
Now, all P/C dat can not be used correctly!!!

Absolutely, I had myself Image for recently deciding to return to a merged set.
I quickly discovered I had made a huge mistake.
Updates became unbearable, so I devised a completely different method of maintaining a merged DS set.

I now make very partial use of CMP with the standard DAT (P/C Dat is too often N/A.) & mostly rely on an enhanced GoodMerge with a custom XMDB & simple (updated) "Have.txt"
[*] I wrote a program which checks & sorts a set of merged archives against a GoodMerge "XX_Files.log" to ensure each archive has the correct contents.
The xmdb I wrote is flexible, so unless a new file with a new &/or very unique name has been added, the previous version can be reused without any edits.
= easy use of GoodMerge for 'set repair'

DAT updates for me now are a breeze, maintaining this 102 GB merged set is now faster than it has ever been.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015 20:41 

It also does not work here anymore with most newer p/c sets. I just had the problem with TurboGrafx and now with Nintendo Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance also is not working - I have given up checking for now. Same error message about double names like seen at http://forums.no-intro.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2554&start=15#p14739.

On the Game Boy Color set, I get my first error here:
Code:
   <game name="10-Pin Bowling (Europe)">
      <description>10-Pin Bowling (Europe)</description>
      <release name="10-Pin Bowling (Europe)" region="EUR"/>
      <rom name="10-Pin Bowling (Europe).gbc" size="1048576" crc="5449CAC0" md5="85C0C028E6177CDA40401F14D16699F4" sha1="90D78BF2F51EED998002D8733D6E223B6478F487"/>
   </game>
   <game name="10-Pin Bowling (USA)" cloneof="10-Pin Bowling (Europe)">
      <description>10-Pin Bowling (USA)</description>
      <release name="10-Pin Bowling (USA)" region="USA"/>
      <rom name="10-Pin Bowling (USA).gbc" size="1048576" crc="720C7023" md5="6B055C6D12E477FBFD7BED1B495D56F7" sha1="EB0A65DC3069AE5261B04437FFAC5EFC12697C2A"/>
   </game>

followed by an error here:
Code:
   <game name="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (Europe)">
      <description>Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (Europe)</description>
      <release name="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (Europe)" region="EUR"/>
      <rom name="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (Europe).gbc" size="1048576" crc="41228EE7" md5="ADA59E7DAFE1A6B70ADD7020959C1B23" sha1="AF1C3912DA946D858F9EEB10A3B9D95CBB6A00D8" status="verified"/>
   </game>
   <game name="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (USA)" cloneof="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (Europe)">
      <description>Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (USA)</description>
      <release name="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (USA)" region="USA"/>
      <rom name="Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The (USA).gbc" size="262144" crc="2C4C2A5F" md5="CBDC5112EB8B9878FA5FE905E0ACA556" sha1="60F240476D2FAC81B1EFB83E1128E6223C766F15"/>
   </game>

and many more following...

Can this be fixed for clrmame pro usage, or is there a workaround to be able to continue using p/c sets? I have used them for years now to save HDD space - especially on small roms, you get nearly the same archive size with all roms included like if only compressing one single rom...

[EDIT]
I have attached an old working NES p/c - the latest one gives the first error at "Addams Family, The":

Code:
Set:   Addams Family, The (Europe) (En,Fr,De)
Name:   Addams Family, The (USA)

Issue:   Double name

Name will be changed to: 'Addams Family, The (USA)_0'!

The old "rule" seemed to be: If it is a p/c set, then the release name of the parent is without any region and language information. And this is will also be the name of the archive. If there is only one rom, the release name also contained region information.
So, to get it working, region and language information should be removed from the parent set. Or is it always well known which regional version is the first one released and thus the parent one?
If you decide to remove it, I even wonder if it wouldn´t be best to remove the region information in the release field of every rom, even if a rom has no clones.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015 01:34 
Datter

Jesus Christ, this stupid ClrMamePro shit... Why do we always have to doctor the dat files when in reality ClrMamePro should just be updated and fixed? Get a specification out on these file formats and that's it. No region on some entries, on next entries region is an absolute must... Get your act together...

cYa,

Tauwasser

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015 13:53 

@Tauwasser:
Sorry, I don´t understand why it is clrmamepro´s fault. If I have a p/c set that has versions of several regions, why do I have to call this set like the first (=parent) entry and don´t give it a region- and language-less name like it has been years before? Is it always clear and verified which region version was released first so that it is a wish to maintain this information by calling the set with regional information? Furthermore, there is currently no information anymore in the dat file itself about the set name without region information - clrmamepro would have to alter the release value internally by removing it, in case you want to get the same results as before.
What is a good-working alternative when I want to maintain a p/c set?