Duplicated status in xml dat ???

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
romcenter

Duplicated status in xml dat ???

Post by romcenter » 18 Sep 2015 07:04

Hi all

In the romcenter 4 beta process, a user reported an error last week:

Whenever I try creating a DB using the latest P/C XML dat file from No-Intro, I get an error :
System.Xml.XmlException: 'status' is a duplicate attribute name (translated from french error message, but you get the idea).

Here are the lines at fault in the DAT :

Code: Select all

<game name="Imagine - Babyz Fashion (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]" cloneof="Baby Fashion Star (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl,Sv,No,Da) (NDSi Enhanced)">
	<description>Imagine - Babyz Fashion (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]</description>
	<release name="Imagine - Babyz Fashion (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced) [b]" region="USA"/>
	<rom name="Imagine - Babyz Fashion (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (NDSi Enhanced) [b].nds" size="33554432" crc="15E2D53D" md5="C79386AC1077AA597144EF151ACB65E1" sha1="5D4CFF6AED7BD2CB1FF12F5302EA547B54DE9E2C" status="baddump" status="verified"/>
</game>
As you can see, there are two status attributes. I don't know if this is an error (if it is verified, it should be good ? or against which dump has it been verified?) or a new feature of no-intro.

Anyway, this make the xml invalid. Duplicated attributes is forbidden in xml format.
Maybe you could use status="baddump, verified" ? or use a verified="true" attribute if this is really needed ?

romcenter

Re: Duplicated status in xml dat ???

Post by romcenter » 10 Oct 2015 08:05

Nobody ?
I would like to know if it is something that will be fixed, or if it is 'correct' (in that case, I have to write a pre xml parser to fix it before parsing).

Tauwasser
Datter

Post by Tauwasser » 10 Oct 2015 22:41

You are correct, the status field should obviously only be "baddump" as required by datfile.dtd. It's a somewhat unusual situation that it's a verified baddump aka a redump of a bad dump that confirms it, so the script that generates the parent/clone xml might behave incorrectly.

I tried to fix it by setting the "Bad Dump" field to 1, but apparently that has no effect :-/ The easy fix would be to delete the redump baddump data for now, but I feel I might be missing a step when generating the P/C XML, so I hope admin jumps in and saves the day :)

cYa,

Tauwasser

hydr0x
Dumper

Post by hydr0x » 11 Oct 2015 07:57

Imho, the redump should just be removed. It's a bad DSi dump, we don't need confirmation of that fact. The redump in this case is useless information.

romcenter

Post by romcenter » 11 Oct 2015 19:31

Cool 8-) .
I can close my issue then :)

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 25 Sep 2016 11:25

late reply, 1 year later!
(i know i am too much absent from forum, plaese kind people PM me with the most interesting stuff lol)

the problem fixed itself automatically when the gooddump was released @nds5128.

I did a test without the gooddump and XML writes the double status... I uploaded a fix and now, if status is "baddump", the "verified bad redumps" are ignored in datfile.

I hope this didn't destroyed something else in XML :P

better late than never :o