WWW-Profiler broken?

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
savyzzyz

WWW-Profiler broken?

Post by savyzzyz » 15 May 2018 14:13

I posted here last week but suddenly my post has vanished. Perhaps due to the forum upgrade [hmm, can't be as I posted after that]? Anyway, I will repeat:

I used to use clrmamepro to query the No-Intro WWW-Profiler URL to see which DATs I needed to update. Now, when I try to open clrmamepro in Profiler mode I get the error:

Code: Select all

Can't open URL: http://datomatic.nointro.org/profile.xml
The URL is still advertised on DAT-o-MATIC's download page. And if I browse to the URL using my web browser it seems to generate XML data. But clrmamepro is choking on it for some reason. Has the format of the XML changed or something?

Inspecting the dates on every DAT manually (and now also having to deal with the capthcas) is getting really frustrating.

Ideas?

xuom2
High Council

Re: WWW-Profiler broken?

Post by xuom2 » 15 May 2018 14:26

No idea. Of course it can't be used to download datfiles but only to keep track of the new versions.

savyzzyz

Re: WWW-Profiler broken?

Post by savyzzyz » 15 May 2018 14:50

xuom2 wrote:
15 May 2018 14:26
No idea. Of course it can't be used to download datfiles but only to keep track of the new versions.
I realize it can't be used to download the DATs (I wish!!). I've simply been using it to list the DATs that I need to download in order to be up-to-date.

But that has stopped working. If someone else could try it out and confirm, at least I'd know I'm not crazy...this was a super time-saver.

EDIT: I'll also go after the clrmamepro folks in case it's something to do with one of their recent updates. But I'm pretty sure it was working on my current version not long ago.