Temporary GBA DAT maintenance

Post all database contributions here.
Post Reply
root
Site Admin
Posts: 673
Joined: 19 May 2008 09:26

Temporary GBA DAT maintenance

Post by root » 07 Feb 2007 21:04

Rif: 1153-1 Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 07th February 2007, 21:04 wrote:

Hi all.

While xuom2 solves his HD problems I'll be maintaining the GBA DAT.

I'm going to list the changes because I've performed some cleanup that doesn't count as "real changes".

CHANGES to #2684/20070202 (Naming):

Code: Select all

0002 - Super Mario Advance (J)
0002 - Super Mario Advance - Super Mario USA + Mario Brothers (J)

0242 - Super Mario Advance 2 (J)
0242 - Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World + Mario Brothers (J)

0533 - King of Fighters EX, The - NeoBlood (U) (v1.0) [b]
0533 - King of Fighters EX, The - NeoBlood (U) (v1.0)

0595 - Super Mario Advance 3 (J)
0595 - Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island + Mario Brothers (J)

0912 - Muppets, The - On With the Show! (UE) (M6) [b]
0912 - Muppets, The - On with the Show! (UE) (M6)

0936 - Ed, Edd n Eddy - Jawbreakers! (U) (v1.0) [b]
0936 - Ed, Edd n Eddy - Jawbreakers! (U) (v1.0)

1045 - Wolfenstein 3D (E)
1045 - Wolfenstein 3D (E) [b]

1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J)
1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.0)

1158 - Polly Pocket! (E) (M5)
1158 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (E) (M5) (Vivendi)

1274 - Kim Possible (E) (M4) [b]
1274 - Kim Possible (E) (M4)

1524 - All Grown Up - Volume 1 (U) (Video)
1524 - All Grown Up! - Volume 1 (U) (Video)

1720 - All Grown Up - Express Yourself (UE)
1720 - All Grown Up! - Express Yourself (UE)

1893 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (U)
1893 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (U) (Vivendi)

2145 - Scooby-Doo! Unmasked (U) (M2)
2145 - Scooby-Doo! - Unmasked (U) (M2)

2177 - Pferd & Pony - Lass uns reiten 2 (E) (M2)
2177 - Pferd & Pony - Lass Uns Reiten 2 (E) (M2)

2338 - Scooby-Doo! Unmasked (E) (M2) (Eng-Fre)
2338 - Scooby-Doo! - Unmasked (E) (M2) (Eng-Fre)

2376 - Scooby-Doo! Unmasked (E) (M2) (Ita-Spa)
2376 - Scooby-Doo! - Unmasked (E) (M2) (Ita-Spa)

2523 - Princess Natasha (U)
2523 - Princess Natasha - Student, Secret Agent, Princess (U)

2573 - 2 Games in 1 - Madagascar - Operation Penguin + Shrek 2 (U)
2573 - 2 Games in 1 - Shrek 2 + Madagascar - Operation Penguin (U)

2644 - 2 Games in 1 - Madagascar + Shrek 2 (U)
2644 - 2 Games in 1 - Shrek 2 + Madagascar (U)

2672 - Alexandra Ledermann (E) (M2)
2672 - Pippa Funnell - Stable Adventure (E) (M2)

2679 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferd (E) (M2)
2679 - Pferd & Pony - Best Friends - Mein Pferd (E) (M2)

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures Au Galop (E) (M2)
2680 - Pippa Funnell 2 (E) (M2)
CHANGES to #2684/20070202 (CRC-32):

Code: Select all

2637 - Arthur and the Minimoys (E) (M6)
Overdump. Trim to 128 Mbits.

2659 - Arthur and the Invisibles (U) (M3)
Bad dump. Trim to 128 Mbits and then apply the patch by Paga.

2668 - Dogz (E)
Overdump. Trim to 64 Mbits.

2669 - Strawberry Shortcake - Summertime Adventure - Special Edition (U)
Overdump. Trim to 128 Mbits.

NOTE: Without patching 2659 crashes before "Game Over" screen appears
(try losing all your lives). This does NOT happen to 2637.
ADDED to #2684/20070202:

Code: Select all

2685 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.2)
2686 - Princess Natasha - Student, Secret Agent, Princess (E) (M5)
2687 - Monster Trucks Mayhem (E) (M5)
2688 - ATV Thunder Ridge Riders (E) (M5)
2689 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (U)
2690 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (E) (M5) (Destination Software)
2691 - Razbitume! - Restez Branches! (E) (M2)
2692 - Shrek - Smash n' Crash Racing (E) (M5)
2693 - Over the Hedge (E)
2694 - Ghost Rider (U) (M6)
2695 - 2 Games in 1 - Shrek 2 + Madagascar (E)
2696 - 2 Games in 1 - Finding Nemo + Finding Nemo - The Continuing Adventures (E) (M2+M3)
2697 - Charlotte's Web (E) (M5)
2698 - 2 Games in 1 - Scooby-Doo + Scooby-Doo 2 - Les Monstres Se Dechainent (F) (Fre+M5)
2699 - Cars (E) (M4)
2700 - Trick Star (E) (M5)
2701 - Zoey 101 (U)
2702 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (U) (Destination Software)
2703 - 2 Games in 1 - Disney Principesse + Koda, Fratello Orso (I) (Ita+M8)

NOTE: 2688 is overdumped. Trim to 32 Mbits.
Rest of changes are (cosmetic):

- Alphabetic resorting of unnumbered (pure) DAT (videos stay at top, new releases at bottom)
- All CRC-32 converted to lowercase in numbered and unnunbered DATs

===============================================

/ Yakushi~Kabuto on 7th February 2007, 21:06 wrote:

2685 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J) (v1.2)
2685 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.2)

===============================================

/ Dopefish on 7th February 2007, 21:54 wrote:

Not sure, but isn't #2690 the euro dupe of "1893 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (U)"? The name change to #1158 suggested by kazumi213 would then be obsolete...

1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J) (v1.0)
1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.0)

2177 - Pferd & Pony - Lass Uns Reiten 2 (E) (M2)
2177 - Pferd & Pony - Lass Uns Reiten 2 (G) (M2)

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2)
2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (F) (M2)

2691 - All Grown Up! - Express Yourself (E) (M2)
2691 - Razbitume! - Restez Branches! (F) (M2)

NOTE: Isn't "Mario Brothers" normally shortened to "Mario Bros."?

===============================================

/ kazumi213 on 7th February 2007, 22:20 wrote:

Y~K and Dopefish, are you sure 1093 and 2685 display all that stuff at titlescreen? I mean, I was aware of this name change, but when looking at titlescreen it seems to me to just display "Super Mario Advance 4".

About the "Polly" question: the three ROMs are the same game. I've used the publisher tag because latest 2690 displays at titlescreen just "Polly Pocket!". It is the same case as that recent "Medal of Honor"

===============================================

/ Dopefish on 7th February 2007, 22:25 wrote:

The in-game title of SMA4 doesn't display the subtitle, the box cover however does! Please take a look at the wiki article and especially the box cover which confirms our objections.

About the Polly Pocket naming, I used the subtitle "Super Splash Island" in the wiki article, because it's displayed on the box cover!

EDIT: Y~K taught me yesterday that we use a mixture of box and in-game title, in general the most complete title should be used. So, in Polly Pocket case, we should add the subtitle to both #1158 and #2690, since the subtitle is displayed on both box covers!

===============================================

/ BigFred on 8th February 2007, 13:42 wrote:
2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2)
2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (F) (M2)
Why is the french title used when it is obviously released in uk too as Pippa Funnell 2?
2691 - All Grown Up! - Express Yourself (E) (M2)
2691 - Razbitume! - Restez Branches! (F) (M2)
If anyone finds out if the dutch release features the same serial code please post.

===============================================

/ Connie on 8th February 2007, 15:42 wrote:
Why is the french title used when it is obviously released in uk too as Pippa Funnell 2?....
There is an English/German version BYPP LUR2 (Lass uns Reiten 2) and an English/French version BYPX LUR2. Since the P (EUR tag) is obviously German, it's seems logical that the X (alt EUR tag) should be labelled in French.

Secondly, I believe these are a 'sequel' to 1760 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferdehof (E) (M2), 2357 - Let's Ride! - Sunshine Stables (U) and 2672 - Alexandra Ledermann (E) (M2). If you look at the internal names for 1760 (PFERDEHOFEUR) & 2672 (ALEDERMANNEU), it's also logical to name them as German & French releases. It should however use the (E) tag and not (F) as should 2691.
When I suggested all these renames, I think I originaly posted (F) by mistake.

===============================================

/ alcoatjez on 8th February 2007, 16:08 wrote:
If anyone finds out if the dutch release features the same serial code please post.
If I have the time before going to work, I will see if my local shop has this one.

===============================================

/ BigFred on 8th February 2007, 16:13 wrote:

Ok, but Pferd & Pony is a german only release that just leaves you the option to activate the english language (setting the game to english still gets you the german title screen anway) while the Ledermann/Pippa releases are officially released in both countries with 2 different names. And our rule is to always use the english title for multi-region releases.

btw the discussion what title to use for MX games released only in a single country with the country-spacific title on the boxart is still open.

===============================================

/ relax on 8th February 2007, 17:43 wrote:

My opinion:

1) Multi-language ROM released in several countries:
Always use English title (when available), and of course (E)-serial.
Ex: Pippa Funnell 2 (E) (M2)

2) Multi-language ROM released in one country:
Use that country's title, but still use (E)-serial when the ROM is (E).
Ex. Pferd & Pony - Lass uns reiten 2 (E) (M2)

3) Single-language ROM (other than English) which for some odd reason have (E)-serial:
Use that country's title (of course), and also that country's serial.
Ex. Biene Maja, Die - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr (G)

===============================================

/ Dopefish on 8th February 2007, 17:44 wrote:
Without patching 2659 crashes before "Game Over" screen appears (try losing all your lives). This does NOT happen to 2637.
What do you mean by "patching"? Applying paga's fix?

===============================================

/ kazumi213 on 8th February 2007, 17:59 wrote:

Yes, of course, trim to 128 Mbits and after that apply Paga's fix.

About relax comments: I agree 1 and 3. For 2 I think is the same case as 3. I mean, if officially released only in one country it should be tagged for that country, no matter how many languages it contains.

EDIT: However, I agree with relax in 2 when we are not sure about the availability in other countries.

===============================================

/ Dopefish on 8th February 2007, 18:07 wrote:

Yeah, my fault. I didn't read your post carefully enough, otherwise I would have noticed that you already answered my question. I feel like I haven't slept for 1 year, time to go to bed... :D

===============================================

/ Connie on 8th February 2007, 18:29 wrote:

....And our rule is to always use the english title for multi-region releases.....

I'm merely pointing out what's wrong. To use something that's evidently wrong just to obide by a No-Intro 'rule' doesn't make any sense!

I fail to see how a ROM with an internal name of ALEDERMANNEU should be called Pippa Funnell. Further to my reasoning, when you run the games, the default language is French.

===============================================

/ kazumi213 on 8th February 2007, 18:42 wrote:

Not sure if you're talking of different ROMs, I'm just trying to be sure:

2672 - Alexandra Ledermann (E) (M2) | ALEDERMANNEUBPVX

has been kept due to internal name, the changed one was

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2) | LUR2BYPX

I like your point of view, but for me it is clear that it was released in another country too (UK), so it must be named in English.
Last edited by root on 02 Oct 2008 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

root
Site Admin
Posts: 673
Joined: 19 May 2008 09:26

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance

Post by root » 08 Feb 2007 19:06

Rif: 1153-2 Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Connie on 8th February 2007, 19:06 wrote:
... the changed one was

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2) | LUR2BYPX

I like your point of view, but for me it is clear that it was released in another country too (UK), so it must be named in English.
Both must have been released in France/Nl and UK - see my attached box arts in the other naming thread - you can even see the resemblance.

Then there is no logic to this since 2680 is the sequel to 2672 just as 2177 is a sequel to 1760 as 'Pippa Funnell 2' is the sequel to 'Pippa Funnell'. Why have one with a French name and the other with an English name? That's crazy logic to me. :?

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ relax on 8th February 2007, 19:15 wrote:
Not sure if you're talking of different ROMs, I'm just trying to be sure:

2672 - Alexandra Ledermann (E) (M2) | ALEDERMANNEUBPVX

has been kept due to internal name, the changed one was

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2) | LUR2BYPX

I like your point of view, but for me it is clear that it was released in another country too (UK), so it must be named in English.
Both were released in the UK under the Pippa Funnell name, so the same naming should be applied.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Connie on 8th February 2007, 19:24 wrote:

As I posted above your post and in the GBA renaming thread.

But you're still missing my point that these are obviously made for the French/Nl region due to the default language and French internal name. :roll:

2523/2686 or is it 2688? I think Student Secret Agent Princess should be separated with commas.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 8th February 2007, 19:42 wrote:

Ok, let me explain:

I was aware of all those pics, potential naming inconsistencies between sequels and all your posts while making the update. I was tempted to change 2672 to Pippa Funnell, but due to I'm making this maintenance just temporarily I didn't want to seem "too agressive".

There are two "paths"

1. Robotic naming path "more than one country-release -> english naming"
2672 - Alexandra Ledermann (E) (M2)
2672 - Pippa Funnell - Stable Adventure (E) (M2)

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2)
2680 - Pippa Funnell 2 (E) (M2)

2. Smart naming path "internal name of 2672 indicates a french oriented release; accepting that and for the shake of naming consistency in a series, 2680 is named in French"
2672 - Alexandra Ledermann (E) (M2)

2680 - Alexandra Ledermann - Aventures au Galop (E) (M2)

In either case, they are (E) of course.

I like the smart path because I like Connie's pov.

This leads me to 2691 naming. Is this a France-only relase?
Yes -> keep french naming and (F)
No -> english naming and (E)

About Natasha, yes Connie, I thought on it for quite a while. I tried commas, but I liked more "periods". It seems it is trying to ennumerate her roles in a "profile report" way, not sure if you get me here. Finally I decided to not punctuation marks because it also can be understood as a bunch of modificators before the name "Princess", I mean:

Natasha is a Student Princess
Natasha is a Secret Agent Princess
Natasha is a Student Secret Agent Princess

There is yet another way

Student-Secret Agent-Princess

So, what do you prefer?

Student, Secret Agent, Princess
Student. Secret Agent. Princess
Student-Secret Agent-Princess
Student Secret Agent Princess

lol

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ relax on 8th February 2007, 20:00 wrote:

Well Connie, they came out at the same time in France and UK, each country with their own famous equestrian on the cover. So why should they be "less" made for the UK? Even if they were, I don't see how that should affect naming.

kazumi213,
2672 & 2680: English title and (E), please.
2691: French title and (E) is ok (until we find out if the x-version is released in other countries.)

Btw, we might need to reconsider using English naming on the Pferd & Pony games. As they were released in NL as well (just found out - see my attachments), I don't think it's logical to use German naming. (Unless these are new ROMs, :P ) Edit: they are new ROMs

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Connie on 8th February 2007, 20:20 wrote:

Princess Natasha - Student, Secret Agent, Princess
http://dsigames.com/Games/princessnatashasa/

2691: French title and (E) - It's a Euro ROM, not France. French naming since 1720 was verified UE and this was also dumped from French region according to nfo and supplied box art (scan?).

Automerged Doublepost.
....
Btw, we might need to reconsider using English naming on the Pferd & Pony games. As they were released in NL as well (just found out - see my attachments), I don't think it's logical to use German naming. (Unless these are new ROMs, which I doubt. :P )
Unless I'm mistaken, arn't we preserving ROMs and not box arts?

Check all the internal names of the Pferd & Pony releases, I think you'll find that they are ALL German. They arn't likely to use German or English boxes in the Netherlands, but I'm pretty sure they can speak English well enough to play the game. Although I'm puzzled as to why they'd want to.

That said, maybe alcoatjez can have a 'gay' weekend looking for horse games :lol:

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 8th February 2007, 20:40 wrote:

Wow, I'm learning a lot with this job. Ok.

@Connie

I'm not really sure on numbering for #2686, 2687 and 2688

From my supplier:
2686 Natasha
2687 Monster Trucks
2688 ATV

From gbatemp and advanscene (PH has not been updated)
currently used numbering in DAT
2686 ATV
2687 Monster Trucks
2688 Natasha
(I think in this case follows .gba file dates when this means nothing in scene release numbering assignation)

And about 2691, I'm confused. If you can confirm it is not a French-only release why to use French naming when internal name is English?

EDIT: Ok, I got it, sorry, you mean that due to it not being a xxxF we should keep it as (E) because we don't know about other countries availability and for this reason keep also french naming because of its known french source.

I'm going to pick relax option for the Alex-Pippa question because it follows the general rule unless popular demand for Connie's path

In this case, if those NL horse titles found by relax turn to be the same as the Pferd ones, Pferd titles should be named in english.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Connie on 8th February 2007, 21:02 wrote:
Wow, I'm learning a lot with this job. Ok.

@Connie

I'm not really sure on numbering for #2686, 2687 and 2688

From my supplier:
2686 Natasha
2687 Monster Trucks
2688 ATV

From gbatemp and advanscene (PH has not been updated)
currently used numbering in DAT
2686 ATV
2687 Monster Trucks
2688 Natasha
(I think in this case follows .gba file dates when this means nothing in scene release numbering assignation)

And about 2691, I'm confused. If you can confirm it is not a French-only release why to use French naming when internal name is English?
I've got the same 'supplier' as you regarding the numbering. ;) - I guess we'll have to amend later if necessary to match PH

As for 2691 refer to 1720, someone has dumped either the UK serial release BALP with the same CRC or verified that the UK release has the same serial as the USA one - BALE. Since this is an English only release, it stands to reason that 2691 BALX must be for France because of the in game language but aided slightly with nfo & box art. How many Euro dupe releases don't contain English? :)

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Dopefish on 8th February 2007, 21:12 wrote:

In the wiki I used the following numbering and naming:

2685 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J) (v1.2)
2686 - Princess Natasha (E)
2687 - Monster Trucks Mayhem (E)
2688 - ATV Thunder Ridge Riders (E)
2689 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (U)
2690 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (E)
2691 - Razbitume! - Restez Branches! (F)
2692 - Shrek - Smash n' Crash Racing (E)

The naming of 2685 & 2686 has to be updated since the subtitle is missing, but I'll wait till xuom2 has solved his HD problems and the dat is officially updated...

Oh, and do I need to mention that I hate princesses playing agent, horses, Pippa Funnell, Alexandra Ledermann and 2 Games in 1? :P

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 8th February 2007, 21:32 wrote:

And I think xuom2's HD is perfectly fine a you all are having a funny day with me lol

I'll make the update tomorrow. Numbering will have to wait for PH confirmation unless anyone here can confirm current is wrong.

I'm going to play a bit of UFO: Aftershock before going to bed. Afterlight is coming and I have to finish this once and for all!

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Dopefish on 9th February 2007, 17:59 wrote:

The release list on PH was finally updated, turns out the order in dat is not correct.

2685 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.2)
2686 - Princess Natasha - Student, Secret Agent, Princess (E) (M5)
2687 - Monster Trucks Mayhem (E) (M5)
2688 - ATV Thunder Ridge Riders (E) (M5)

2689 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (U)
2690 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (E) (M5) (Destination Software)
2691 - Razbitume! - Restez Branches! (E) (M2)
2692 - Shrek - Smash n' Crash Racing (E) (M5)

The titles marked bold are the only ones affected.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 9th February 2007, 18:19 wrote:
The release list on PH was finally updated, turns out the order in dat is not correct.

2685 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.2)
2686 - Princess Natasha - Student, Secret Agent, Princess (E) (M5)
2687 - Monster Trucks Mayhem (E) (M5)
2688 - ATV Thunder Ridge Riders (E) (M5)

2689 - Final Fantasy VI Advance (U)
2690 - Polly Pocket! - Super Splash Island (E) (M5) (Destination Software)
2691 - Razbitume! - Restez Branches! (E) (M2)
2692 - Shrek - Smash n' Crash Racing (E) (M5)

The titles marked bold are the only ones affected.
Fixed while you were writting ;)

I'm not sure on applying this:

1760 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferdehof (E) (M2)
1760 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferdehof (G) (M2)

because of similar circumstances in 2177, unless 2177 change was supported in proved unavailability in other countries.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ relax on 9th February 2007, 19:07 wrote:
Fixed while you were writting ;)

I'm not sure on applying this:

1760 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferdehof (E) (M2)
1760 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferdehof (G) (M2)

because of similar circumstances in 2177, unless 2177 change was supported in proved unavailability in other countries.
I posted my suggestions for sorting out these cases before. They seem to go back and forth faster than some people change shirts. :P You may of course disagree, but acording to my suggestion #2, (E) will be correct for the Pferd & Pony games.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 9th February 2007, 20:34 wrote:

I agree your suggestions as I said.

It's just case 2 should be applied when we know it has been officially released in one country, but not sure whether it was also in others. If we are sure it is only released in that country, it is case 3, even when it is Mx, I think this is logic. If we discover it is available in another country, then it is case 1.

So again, if it is possible that 2177 is available out of Germany, I will revert it to (E) (case 2, we have doubts). I changed it to (G) because Dope suggested so and I thought he found evidence of 2177 not being available out of Germany.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Dopefish on 9th February 2007, 21:36 wrote:
I changed it to (G) because Dope suggested so and I thought he found evidence of 2177 not being available out of Germany.
I suggested this name change because I thought we should stick to BigFred's "smart system", which I think says that we should use the region tag of the country the game was released in, not the internal serial (hope I got that right :? ).

I have of course no evidence that this game was only released here in Germany. I was just thinking that since the maker of this (crappy) series is the German company DTP Entertainment AG its origin is German and therefore it should get (in accordance with French, Italian and Spanish titles in the dat) the localized name and region tag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

root
Site Admin
Posts: 673
Joined: 19 May 2008 09:26

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance

Post by root » 11 Feb 2007 11:44

Rif: 1153-3 Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 11th February 2007, 11:44 wrote:

Applied naming changes to 0936 (Sir VG), 1045 (BigFred), 1274 (Dopefish) and 2177 (Alexandra, Pippa and friends).

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Dopefish on 11th February 2007, 18:04 wrote:

2679 - Pferd & Pony - Mein Pferd (E) (M2)
2679 - Pferd & Pony - Best Friends - Mein Pferd (E) (M2)

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 13th February 2007, 11:56 wrote:

Applied naming changes to 0002, 0242, 0595 and 2679 (Dopefish)

EDIT: GBA DATs updated to #2693.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Connie on 16th February 2007, 17:40 wrote:

All the "Super Mario Advance" 1 to 4 series naming needs to be revised, not just japanese - they all contain the original 'Mario Bros.' Game.

Refer to:
0002
0025
0050
0242
0297
0402
0593
0593
0624
1093
1190
1212
1590
1631
2161
2685

Note however, that the Europe & USA verisons use Mario Bros. I don't know how the Chinese (1590) version interprets. Also, not all box arts show this, so you'll have a renaming mess if you don't base them on in game title screens.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 16th February 2007, 20:15 wrote:

You are evil Connie... ;)

Ok, I've been inspecting box pictures for all listed SMA games.

1. I'm going to list suggested naming changes for (E), (U) and (UE) dupes. (J) dupes seem well established because box titles are consistent for all chapters (1-4).

- SMA 1 (0025 and 0050)
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance - Super Mario Bros. 2 + Mario Bros.

-SMA 2 (0297 and 402)
Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World + Mario Bros.

-SMA 3 (0593 and 0624)
Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island + Mario Bros.
However USA box display "Mario Bros. included" while EUR box does not.

-SMA 4 (1190, 1212, 1631 and 2161)
Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 + Mario Bros.
However USA neither EUR boxes display "Mario Bros. included"

2. Need help with Chinese naming (1590, 2358 and 2329)

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ BigFred on 16th February 2007, 20:52 wrote:

Pardon me but this renaming mess is getting utterly stupid. There is no 100% right and wrong for renaming. You may discuss till the end of days. And adding Mario Bros. to all these titles is an idea that doesn't even deserve a comment.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 16th February 2007, 23:36 wrote:
Pardon me but this renaming mess is getting utterly stupid. There is no 100% right and wrong for renaming. You may discuss till the end of days. And adding Mario Bros. to all these titles is an idea that doesn't even deserve a comment.
Have you checked the boxes Bigfred?
I checked the japanese ones, and it definately needs to be added.
It an undisputable subtitle and I can not see a reason to not include it.

As for western countries titles, I checked Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (UA) (v1.1) ,
but I don't see "+ mario bros." subtitle on the box contrarily to the japanese boxes, so I see no reason to include it on the title.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Connie on 17th February 2007, 01:38 wrote:

kazumi213 has posted the details above, but I know how you like your box's so I've found these for you. I haven't verified the legitimacy of these, but I don't see why they should be treated any differently to the Japanese ones.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Dopefish on 17th February 2007, 09:04 wrote:

Add subtitles to Japanese versions: YES!
Add subtitles to North American/European versions: NO!

The differences between Japanese and North American/European box covers are obvious, just like Yakushi~Kabuto already said. There's no such subtitle like "+ Mario Bros." or something similar, so why add it when it's not there? And adding for example the complete box text from the first picture would lead to a REAL mess: "Super Mario Advance featuring Super Mario Bros. 2 and Classic Arcade Mario Bros. (UE)". Hell no. I don't think that we want this!!!

However, the changes suggested by me for the Japanese titles are still justifiable. Please take a look at the Japanese box covers which clearly show the difference to the ones posted by Connie.

This is just my opinion, if you don't agree, ignore this post!

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Stahn on 17th February 2007, 14:17 wrote:

I suggest that No-Intro dats should use only the logo for naming needs. All added text are... er, not usable by datters.

I'll say it again because it's adds weight to my statment: Use only the logo for naming needs. All other text should be ignored, regardless of other games inside the cart.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 17th February 2007, 15:07 wrote:
kazumi213 has posted the details above, but I know how you like your box's so I've found these for you. I haven't verified the legitimacy of these, but I don't see why they should be treated any differently to the Japanese ones.
The names I suggest from those boxes
1st: Super Mario Advance
2nd: Super Mario Advance - Super Mario Bros. 2 & Mario Bros.
3rd: Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World
4th: Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World

all the other text (featuring..., with ... included) are not subtitle but describtion

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ BigFred on 17th February 2007, 15:46 wrote:

I don't see any reason to take "Super Mario Bros. 2 & Mario Bros." as a subtitle. It is just a different way to describe the content. The US-box uses "featuring" and the euro-version leaves this out but both just advertise the games that are included in Super Mario Advance.

Not to mention that there is not even an european dump of Super Mario Advance. US and EUR are the same. 0025 is a KIOSK DEMO and therefore doesn't have a box.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ xuom2 on 17th February 2007, 16:30 wrote:

we are doing name changes that we revert after some time following an endless loop :P :?

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 17th February 2007, 17:51 wrote:

Ok, I won't change the current naming for SMA games. Please note they were just suggestions.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ massin on 17th February 2007, 18:38 wrote:

Another reason why using boxarts as if they are the bible is silly. And, if you really wanna be that silly, Super Mario Advance (J) actually says Super Mario USA + Mario Brothers in the "subtitle". Clearly there is no mario game called Super Mario USA. So my suggestion is to use some common sense. If you're that hard pressed on adding both games to the name then do <main title> - <main mario title screen name> + <minor title screen name>. In my opinion, mario brothers is just a packaged mini-game and should not be included in the title.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

root
Site Admin
Posts: 673
Joined: 19 May 2008 09:26

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance

Post by root » 17 Feb 2007 18:55

Rif: 1153-4 Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 17th February 2007, 18:55 wrote:
Another reason why using boxarts as if they are the bible is silly. And, if you really wanna be that silly, Super Mario Advance (J) actually says Super Mario USA + Mario Brothers in the "subtitle". Clearly there is no mario game called Super Mario USA.
"Super Mario USA" is how Japan calls the western version of Super Mario Bros. 2
No one in the staff questions the use of boxes.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 17th February 2007, 19:00 wrote:
Another reason why using boxarts as if they are the bible is silly. And, if you really wanna be that silly, Super Mario Advance (J) actually says Super Mario USA + Mario Brothers in the "subtitle". Clearly there is no mario game called Super Mario USA. So my suggestion is to use some common sense. If you're that hard pressed on adding both games to the name then do <main title> - <main mario title screen name> + <minor title screen name>. In my opinion, mario brothers is just a packaged mini-game and should not be included in the title.
"Super Mario USA" is how Japan calls the western version of Super Mario Bros. 2... No one in the staff questions the use of boxes.
i think we continue doing some name changes and after some time we reverse them. this is an endless loop :?
ROFL!
I don't see any reason to take "Super Mario Bros. 2 & Mario Bros." as a subtitle. It is just a different way to describe the content. The US-box uses "featuring" and the euro-version leaves this out but both just advertise the games that are included in Super Mario Advance.

Not to mention that there is not even an european dump of Super Mario Advance. US and EUR are the same. 0025 is a KIOSK DEMO and therefore doesn't have a box.
Well that is disputable, but it doesn't matter that much anyway. It's up to the datter to decide now :lol:

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ massin on 17th February 2007, 19:59 wrote:
"Super Mario USA" is how Japan calls the western version of Super Mario Bros. 2
No one in the staff questions the use of boxes.
Actually as I'm told its up to the discretion of the Datter to choose which of the two is more valuable.

And since you have brought up the "is how Japan calls". That is an interpretation ;) Which is exactly my point. Use some common sense. Thank you for agreeing.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ etabeta on 18th February 2007, 15:01 wrote:
And since you have brought up the "is how Japan calls". That is an interpretation ;) Which is exactly my point. Use some common sense. Thank you for agreeing.
you missed his (valuable) point. "how Japan calls" wasn't intended as 'common' name, but as Japanese release title!

please refer to this

http://www.backwoodrealm.com/vgames/col ... /SMUSA.jpg

;)

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 18th February 2007, 17:15 wrote:
you missed his (valuable) point. "how Japan calls" wasn't intended as 'common' name, but as Japanese release title!
Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding
I thought massin had checked the boxes posted by Dopefish.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ massin on 18th February 2007, 19:12 wrote:
you missed his (valuable) point. "how Japan calls" wasn't intended as 'common' name, but as Japanese release title!
Hehe then I guess I was mis-informed :P I shall concede on the Super Mario USA name issue.

But for the record I did read Dope's boxes or else I wouldn't have been able to point it out in the first place :P

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 23rd February 2007, 13:31 wrote:

GBA DATs updated to #2695

NOTE: 2668 - Dogz (E) is overdumped. Trim to 64 Mbits.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ kazumi213 on 2nd March 2007, 12:02 wrote:

GBA DATs updated to #2701.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ athanato on 4th March 2007, 06:27 wrote:

Hello,

First I'd like to thank you guys for the dat releases.

Now for the question... (if I've missed any thread that has the answer my apologies)

The rom entry for 0001 is labeled "0001 - F-Zero for Game Boy Advance (J)", should the name not be "0001 - F-Zero (J).zip" ?

I know that the PH dat has the label of "0001 - F-Zero (J).zip"


Some other examples:
0018 - Winning Post for Game Boy Advance (J)
0219 - Daisenryaku for Game Boy Advance (J)
2068 - Konjiki no Gashbell!! The Card Battle for GBA (J)


Another possible typo:
0900 - Zelda no Densetsu - Kamigami no Triforce & 4tsu no Tsurugi (J), Why is there a 4 at the begining of the word?

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ massin on 4th March 2007, 07:36 wrote:

The "4tsu" is "correct" so to speak. Means 4 of something in Japanese however I believe this should be changed to "Yottsu" since as mentioned in previous arguments this is a terrible translation. The NDS dats have these items fixed however I don't think Kazumi is going to make this change.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ xuom2 on 6th March 2007, 18:17 wrote:
And I think xuom2's HD is perfectly fine a you all are having a funny day with me lol
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ xuom2 on 7th March 2007, 17:46 wrote:

Temp. DAT is nice, but i want BIGFRED's opinion for the following changes:

(1)
Strawberry Shortcake Special Edition (U), Arthur and the Invisibles (U) & (E) trimmed at 16MB (CRC32 5A66CAFA).

(2)
DogZ (E) trimmed at 8MB.

(3)
namechanges:
0002 - Super Mario Advance (J) -> 0002 - Super Mario Advance - Super Mario USA + Mario Brothers (J)
0242 - Super Mario Advance 2 (J) -> 0242 - Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World + Mario Brothers (J)
0595 - Super Mario Advance 3 (J) -> 0595 - Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island + Mario Brothers (J)
1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J) -> 1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.0)

:? :?

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 7th March 2007, 22:32 wrote:
(3)
namechanges:
0002 - Super Mario Advance (J) -> 0002 - Super Mario Advance - Super Mario USA + Mario Brothers (J)
0242 - Super Mario Advance 2 (J) -> 0242 - Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World + Mario Brothers (J)
0595 - Super Mario Advance 3 (J) -> 0595 - Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island + Mario Brothers (J)
1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J) -> 1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario 3 + Mario Brothers (J) (v1.0)
Boxarts have been posted, these subtitles are confirmed.
Hardly arguable.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ Sir VG on 8th March 2007, 02:03 wrote:
(1)
Strawberry Shortcake Special Edition (U), Arthur and the Invisibles (U) trimmed at 16MB (CRC32 5A66CAFA).

(2)
DogZ (E) trimmed at 8MB.
I had gone back and confirmed these in I think the redump thread. I don't have Arthur (E) though.

===============================================

Re: Temporary GBA DAT maintenance \ BigFred on 8th March 2007, 18:07 wrote:

The files in question indeed were overdumped. About the naming: It is ok for me if we use these titles for the japanese versions though we could discuss this forever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply