Temp Dat - Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy

Post all database contributions here.
root
Site Admin

Temp Dat - Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy

Post by root » 16 Feb 2007 09:26

Rif: 1160 Temp Dat - Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy \ Stahn on 16th February 2007, 09:26 wrote:

This is a modified version of ElBarto No-Intro dat file for clrMAME Pro and Romcenter, and also optimized for use with the No-Intro Image Renamer tool.

Changes:
- Renamed .bin to .md,
- Renamed chip names to ROM names,
- Renamed (REVXX) to (vx.x),
- Optimized for No-Intro Image Renamer, and
- Small name fixes.

Please, I'm 100% sure that there must be at least one bug or typo in the file. So, before doing anything, please check.

http://code.google.com/p/no-intro-legacy-dat/

Updates:
(17-02-07)
Revenge of Shinobi, The (UE) ~ Super Shinobi, The (v1.3)
Revenge of Shinobi, The (UE) ~ Super Shinobi, The (J) (v1.3)[/B]

===============================================

Re: Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy \ relax on 16th February 2007, 11:30 wrote:

Thank you for this, I prefer this "legacy" naming.

Small fix:
Revenge of Shinobi, The (UE) ~ Super Shinobi, The (v1.3)
Revenge of Shinobi, The (UE) ~ Super Shinobi, The (J) (v1.3)

Re: Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 16th February 2007, 13:44 wrote:

Well the idea of using the chips inside of the zip definately is a good one.
It helps a lot the documentation on one hand.
Every rom has a unique serial, so it allows to track undumped more accurately on the other hand.
My biggest grief was using bin for all and that REV0x that didn't make so much sense to me.

But heh, if progress scares you & if you prefer a legacy dat, that is your choice :lol:

Re: Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy \ ElBarto on 16th February 2007, 19:33 wrote:
Well the idea of using the chips inside of the zip definately is a good one.
It helps a lot the documentation on one hand.
Every rom has a unique serial, so it allows to track undumped more accurately on the other hand.
Eheh, I know you will change your mind :lol:
My biggest grief was using bin for all and that REV0x that didn't make so much sense to me.
Well my point of view about that is as we use the chip name for the rom we really considere it as a raw dump data so .bin is more appropriate. But I will do a .bin and a .md version for the next release. (probably this WE).
But heh, if progress scares you & if you prefer a legacy dat, that is your choice :lol:
Progress always scares people :lol:

Re: Sega Genesis - Mega Drive - 32X Legacy \ Stahn on 17th February 2007, 14:20 wrote:
When all the ROMs are renamed (not so sure about my english here...) then I will deprecate this 'legacy' dat and use the official one.

I wonder why you guys aren't doing this with the NDS stuff, since it's actual. GBA... it's "old news" :cry:

PD: @relax: thank you, tomorrow I'll update a new dat.