Questionable Sega Game Gear Releases

Post all database contributions here.
alexian

Questionable Sega Game Gear Releases

Post by alexian » 23 Mar 2009 19:14

I'll double-check these when I get home, but I was unable to find proof for the existence of the following releases. I'm wondering whether we've verified that these games were all released in the indicated regions, or have we been overzealous in listing released regions?

Bartman Meets Radioactive Man - Europe
Batter Up - Europe
Battleship - Europe
Bubble Bobble - Europe
Bust-A-Move - Europe
Captain America and the Avengers - Europe
Chicago Syndicate - Europe
Choplifter III - Europe
Cliffhanger - Europe
Cutthroat Island - Europe
Foreman for Real - Europe
Greendog - Europe
Iron Man X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal - Europe
Jeopardy! - Sports Edition - Europe
Junction - Europe
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge - USA
Mega Man - Europe
Mickey's Ultimate Challenge - Europe
NFL Quarterback Club '96 - Europe
NHL Hockey - USA
Pac-Attack - Europe
Paperboy II - Europe
Pengo - USA
R.C. Grand Prix - Europe
Shaq Fu - Europe
Shining Force II - The Sword of Hajya - Europe
Sports Illustrated Championship Football & Baseball - Europe
Sports Trivia - USA (I've only been able to find proof of boxes stamped with the "Championship Edition")
Sports Trivia - Championship Edition - Europe
Star Trek Generations - Beyond the Nexus - Europe
Super Kick Off - Japan (My research shows this is a Europe game, not a Japan game)
Tesserae - Europe
Urban Strike - Europe
X-Men - Mojo World - Europe
Zoop - Europe

My research is based primarily on GameFaqs and Video Game Rebirth
http://www.vgrebirth.org/games/search.a ... =&x=36&y=9

It is quite possible that I've written something down wrong. As indicated, I will be rechecking my lists.

[Edit:}
One avid collector has posted his list on ebay as far as all the games that he has been able to confirm. I've edited this list based off of what he shows as true releases.

BigFred
High Council

Re: Questionable Sega Game Gear Releases

Post by BigFred » 23 Mar 2009 19:51

the country flags in gg are not accurate as I fix them when new dumps enter the smspower verified list. Super Kick Off was a mistake in an old make.nam it seems. Will fix some of these if proof is found the flag is incorrect.

alexian

Post by alexian » 24 Mar 2009 11:28

I have gone back to Video Game Rebirth and GameFaqs and reviewed this list. Neither of these sites show proof for any of these releases. That is not the same as saying that these releases are invalid -- it could be that the releases are valid, but no one has posted proof to these sites. It is, however, an indication that these should be considered as potentially not valid, until proof is found.

I will point out that GameFaqs does list "Sports Trivia" as a separate database listing from "Sports Trivia Championship Edition". However, close inspection of the images provided for each game show both stamped with the "Championship Edition" indication.

alexian

Post by alexian » 25 Mar 2009 10:52

Again, I've been reviewing a list put together by an avid ebay game gear collector. According to his list, the following releases are also not valid.

Alien Syndrome - USA
Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators - USA