It is currently 21 Oct 2017 14:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 03 May 2015 10:23 
Offline

Joined: 02 May 2015 12:39
Posts: 14
BASED ON:
- No-Intro Nintendo 64 dat 20140703-111811
- MESS Software List 0.161

roms present only in No-Intro
  • Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (Europe) (GameCube Edition)
  • Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA) (GameCube Edition)
  • Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (USA) (GameCube Edition)
  • Zelda no Densetsu - Mujura no Kamen (Japan) (GameCube Edition)
  • Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina GC (Japan) (GameCube Edition)
  • Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina GC Ura (Japan) (GameCube Edition)

roms present only in MESS Software List
  • Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64 (Bra)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (ECTS Demo)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (ECTS Demo, Decrypted)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Prototype Debug)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Prototype Debug, Decrypted)
  • Perfect Dark (Euro, Prototype Debug)
  • Perfect Dark (USA, Prototype Debug)
  • Perfect Dark (USA, Prototype Debug, Decrypted)
  • 64GB Checker (Jpn, v1.05)
  • Dolphin Controller Test (Jpn)
  • Photo Viewer (Jpn)
  • U64 Demo (Jpn)

different roms
  • Glover (USA) (Beta) - different content: 7 different bytes at beginning of the file (see attached image)
  • Superman (USA) (Beta) - different size: No-Intro 12.582.912, MESS Software List 33.554.432 - same content (MESS version is padded with FF byte, if you trim MESS version at the same size of No-Intro version the two roms are the same)

same roms but in different format (single file in No-Intro, two files in MESS Software List)
  • Mario Kart 64 (USA)
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA) (Rev A)
  • Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Rev A)
  • Resident Evil 2 (USA)
  • Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (USA) (Rev A)
  • Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (USA)

ALL INFO IN ATTACHED EXCEL


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 May 2015 06:06 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 02 Nov 2014 08:37
Posts: 139
pucci wrote:
same roms but in different format (single file in No-Intro, two files in MESS Software List)
  • Mario Kart 64 (USA)
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA) (Rev A)
  • Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Rev A)
  • Resident Evil 2 (USA)
  • Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (USA) (Rev A)
  • Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (USA)

This is because MESS documents the dumps of the chips, so if there were two chips on the cart PCB, there will be two files for the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2015 10:45 
Offline

Joined: 02 May 2015 12:39
Posts: 14
einstein95 wrote:
pucci wrote:
same roms but in different format (single file in No-Intro, two files in MESS Software List)
  • Mario Kart 64 (USA)
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA) (Rev A)
  • Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Rev A)
  • Resident Evil 2 (USA)
  • Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (USA) (Rev A)
  • Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (USA)

This is because MESS documents the dumps of the chips, so if there were two chips on the cart PCB, there will be two files for the game.


ok, i know different "policies" from MESS to No-Intro, but why No-Intro don't add this roms?

  • Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64 (Bra)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (ECTS Demo)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (ECTS Demo, Decrypted)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Prototype Debug)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Prototype Debug, Decrypted)
  • Perfect Dark (Euro, Prototype Debug)
  • Perfect Dark (USA, Prototype Debug)
  • Perfect Dark (USA, Prototype Debug, Decrypted)
  • 64GB Checker (Jpn, v1.05)
  • Dolphin Controller Test (Jpn)
  • Photo Viewer (Jpn)
  • U64 Demo (Jpn)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2015 10:46 
Offline

Joined: 02 May 2015 12:39
Posts: 14
and what about this?
  • Glover (USA) (Beta) - different content: 7 different bytes at beginning of the file (see attached image)
  • Superman (USA) (Beta) - different size: No-Intro 12.582.912, MESS Software List 33.554.432 - same content (MESS version is padded with FF byte, if you trim MESS version at the same size of No-Intro version the two roms are the same)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015 16:23 
Offline

Joined: 22 Sep 2012 16:36
Posts: 320
I'm sure No-Intro does not support overdumps.
I'm not familiar with MESS policies, but I'm assuming the proto was found on a 32MB (256mbit) dev cart. I think I've heard MESS emphasizes chip data rather than ROM, so they would want the whole 32MB, I would guess.
I think I might've heard such a discussion before on some SNES games. Such as a 10 or 12 megabit (multiple ROM chips) game being reprinted on a single 16 megabit ROM chip.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015 20:29 
Offline

Joined: 02 May 2015 12:39
Posts: 14
pucci wrote:
but why No-Intro don't add this roms?

  • Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64 (Bra)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (ECTS Demo)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (ECTS Demo, Decrypted)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Prototype Debug)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Prototype Debug, Decrypted)
  • Perfect Dark (Euro, Prototype Debug)
  • Perfect Dark (USA, Prototype Debug)
  • Perfect Dark (USA, Prototype Debug, Decrypted)
  • 64GB Checker (Jpn, v1.05)
  • Dolphin Controller Test (Jpn)
  • Photo Viewer (Jpn)
  • U64 Demo (Jpn)


no news?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016 22:52 
Offline

Joined: 27 May 2008 17:52
Posts: 613
pucci wrote:
and what about this?
  • Glover (USA) (Beta) - different content: 7 different bytes at beginning of the file (see attached image)
There were two ROMs released, one unmodified dump with invalid checksum, and a ROM with fixed checksum. The one in the dat is fixed one, and it should be changed to the unmodified version.
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24206


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016 23:38 
Offline
Datter

Joined: 09 Oct 2015 11:29
Posts: 180
Here is some info I've gathered about the some of the ROMs to help with adding them (which I may also do):

Name on title screen: Perfect Dark
Region: USA
Build Date: 2000-03-22

Name: Perfect Dark
Region: Europe
Build Date: 2000-04-26

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Region: ???? (check ROM)
Build Date: 2000-10-25
Build Number: 133
Notes: Debug

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Region: ???? (check ROM)
Build Date: 2000-08-25 or 26 (check in ROM)
Notes: A demo at the Electronic Computers Trade Show (ECTS).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016 22:24 
Offline

Joined: 27 May 2008 17:52
Posts: 613
relax wrote:
pucci wrote:
and what about this?
  • Glover (USA) (Beta) - different content: 7 different bytes at beginning of the file (see attached image)
There were two ROMs released, one unmodified dump with invalid checksum, and a ROM with fixed checksum. The one in the dat is fixed one, and it should be changed to the unmodified version.
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24206
Finally changed DoM to the unmodified version. :sdrop:

pucci wrote:
but why No-Intro don't add this roms?
  • Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64 (Bra)
This is a pirate hack of International Superstar Soccer 64, so it won't be added to the dat.

The rest of your "roms present only in MESS Software List" list I haven't researched, but I notice that Conker's Bad Fur Day (USA) (Demo) (Kiosk, ECTS 2000) is now added to DoM.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group