It is currently 18 Aug 2017 03:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2016 07:31 

Bazooka Blitzkrieg (USA)
Death and Return of Superman, The (USA) (Rev 1)
FIFA Soccer 97 (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Sv)
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (USA) (Rev 1)
NHL 97 (USA) (Rev 1)
Spectre (USA)

these dumps were all verified by Byuu: http://preservation.byuu.org/USA, so I'm wondering why he's not added as source and the dumps aren't marked as verified?

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 04:20 
Datter

In most of those cases, they didn't match what we had already in the database. I added them as new dumps as a consequence, because they really weren't verifications. I did list byuu as a source on all of those added dumps when I submitted them.

Case by case breakdown:

The Death and Return of Superman Rev 1: Dumped only by byuu, as it was a previously unknown revision. I added it and credited byuu.

FIFA Soccer 97: Our old one was an overdump. I replaced the old one with byuu's and credited him.

Ken Griffey Jr. Rev 1: Dumped only by byuu, as it was a previously unknown revision. I added it and credited byuu.

Spectre: Our old one was an overdump. I replaced the old one with byuu's and credited him.

Bazooka Blitzkrieg: Our old one was a bad dump. byuu's is an original dump for that reason. I replaced the old one with byuu's and credited him.

However:

NHL 97 Rev 1: This one is unknown to me. I only know Badinsults to have dumped this one. Could you please show me where byuu did as well? I know byuu redumped the 1.0 version of this game.

By the way, that link is broken. Is there a newer one?

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 07:02 

If I remember the case with Spectre, I think byuu even then said it was a controversial decision to call it a 7-megabit game (a highly unusual ROM size) over an 8.
(despite the economical impracticality of making a cart with exactly 7 megabits over 8, it probably is no different than accepting 10/12/20/24 megabit games as that size if they contained mirrored data to fill larger chips.)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016 20:12 

Here's the updated link: https://preservation.byuu.org/Super+Nintendo+%28USA%29

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016 10:38 

I sent the NHL 97 rev 1.1 cart to byuu, it should be exactly the same as my dump. The thread is here.