(SMS) "Sapo Xule - S.O.S. Lagoa Poluida" Region Change?

Post all database contributions here.
RetroGamer
Dumper

(SMS) "Sapo Xule - S.O.S. Lagoa Poluida" Region Change?

Post by RetroGamer » 21 Aug 2018 15:31

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php ... =26&n=0310

As far as i know this game wasn´t released all over Europe but only in Portugal, so i think the ROM region should be changed to (Portugal, Brazil).

omonim2007
Datter

Re: (SMS) "Sapo Xule - S.O.S. Lagoa Poluida" Region Change?

Post by omonim2007 » 24 Aug 2018 19:10

This is very difficult to 100% identify region belonging.
On the one hand Portugal is a part of Europe (and every buyer from Germany or England or every other country could buy it) and this release full in English, from the other hand - it had release only in one country...

I don't know what to do. Really ))

I wanted just keep this game as Brazilian only... But identify it as (Portugal), (Brazil)... I don't feel this way is correct.

RetroGamer
Dumper

Post by RetroGamer » 25 Aug 2018 15:01

This game is a hack that TecToy made for the brazilian market and later the portuguese official SEGA distributer, EcoFilmes, imported to sell here as low cost game (that game and other 13 or 14 - today they are called Portuguese Purple).
So that particular hack was sold only in Brazil and Portugal so if the region tag is for cataloguing the regions where a game was released the correct region should be (Portugal, Brazil)...
It's not ok to set it to Europe since it was released only in Portugal... There are many exemples like this in the DB, like some Dragon Ball SNES games thet are only released in France... It's not fair to set those games to Europe since they are only released oficially in France...

That's my point of view of this subject...

omonim2007
Datter

Post by omonim2007 » 29 Aug 2018 16:44

Well, you took it! ))
I changed region option for this game to (Brazil, Portugal).