Question about UE ROMS - what does UE mean?

Post all database contributions here.
root
Site Admin

Question about UE ROMS - what does UE mean?

Post by root » 17 Mar 2004 21:32

Rif: 106 Question about UE ROMS - what does UE mean? \ Coolsboy on 17th March 2004, 21:32 wrote:

What do you mean when you put in the GBA Dat , for example, roms with (UE) for the contry??
Do you mean that they are both from USA and Europe??

===============================================

/ xuom2 on 18-Mar-2004 07:33 wrote:

yes

/ Coolsboy on 18-Mar-2004 21:36 wrote:

But can that be possible, US and Europe generaly have diferent commercial release dates, I thought that it was because they needed to alter some of the game code to works in each of them!!!

/ alcoatjez on 23-Mar-2004 10:10 wrote:
But can that be possible, US and Europe generaly have diferent commercial release dates, I thought that it was because they needed to alter some of the game code to works in each of them!!!
AFAIK GBA games have no region protection. I have several imported games from the US and they play fine on my EU GBA :)

/ xuom2 on 07-Apr-2004 07:40 wrote:

to explain this and avoid future confusion, i will do an example:
0198 - Rampage - Puzzle Attack.
USA version has serial AGB-ARXE-USA with crc 8ECA2B0F
EUR version has serial AGB-ARXP-EUR with crc 8ECA2B0F
so this is the same game but with 2 different serials.
this isn't an import from USA, simply we can't add to dat 2 games with same crc.
using the serial to give the country information becomes useless and this game has to be tagged as (UE).

/ SaiBork on 07-Apr-2004 11:10 wrote:

Sorry xuom2, but you are wrong there ;)
When changing serial, file gets another crc :P

(UE) means:
Game gets dumped in US. Gets serial AGB-ARXE-USA with crc 8ECA2B0F.

People now get the game in europe, but when they are dumping it, it still gives the same info. So those people didn't import it, the shops do, because there is no seperate Europe version of the game. Why would they make a seperate version, when the US version has it all. This is why most multi language US games, dont have a seperate EUR version. And for example the pokemon games, they are for every language, so why should they make a special EUR dump in english (EUR), when they have a perfect english (US) lying around already ;)

So basicly they really are ( U ) games that are sort of imported. :lol:

----

This is also basicly why I still don't agree with the (UE) naming, just because it has nothing to do with Europe dumps :cry:

But ah well, you guys have choosen for it.