It is currently 14 Dec 2017 01:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017 13:22 
High Council

I just returned from my trip to Australia and during my Etihad flight I realized their "E-Box" onboard entertainment system features games that are not available anywhere else like In-flight Tetris and In-flight Pacman as well as several other games that appear to be unique. There were even different versions of Tetris at my first flight to Abu Dhabi and my connection flight. I assume the entertainment systems of other airlines feature exclusive games as well. So do you believe there is any chance those could be preserved somehow or are those damned to be lost forever one day?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2017 17:02 

As of right now, I have not heard of anyone finding the Super Nintendo airline system, which had three unique games. One of those games was discovered by a collector, but I have no idea if he ever sold it.

http://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1019

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2017 17:40 

The Super Nintendo Gateway System could be different for a few of the games.
I can't remember: did Super Mario World and Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB retain the save function? (which seems pointless for, at least in the hotel version, a per-hour charge system) I think Tetris, Dr. Mario as well as its "Mixed Match" were split into separate games (if I remember, selecting one of the options would load the menu but restrict to the desired game mode. Did Nintendo skip the menu entirely when they dummied out Tetris to sell Dr. Mario as a standalone game on Nintendo Power in Japan? I'd imagine so.)
I remember it was also single-player only so I wonder if they would've dummied out multiplayer options (such as Street Fighter II, which I remember being on it).