It is currently 23 Oct 2017 16:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2017 00:05 
Datter

GBC Shin Megami Tensei - Aka no Sho (Rev A) can be taken off the list.

However, the nature of the changes in Rev A almost certainly mean that there is a Rev A of Kuro no Sho as well.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017 04:06 

This list is several years old but is it confirmed there is a "red" cart of Zippy Race, and it's not mistaken for LED cart (which is the standard common one). I have both the LED and non-LED (which I guess was a re-release) retail carts.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017 09:23 
High Council

Well, I've got this picture at least (see attachment)

Tauwasser wrote:
GBC Shin Megami Tensei - Aka no Sho (Rev A) can be taken off the list.

However, the nature of the changes in Rev A almost certainly mean that there is a Rev A of Kuro no Sho as well.

Wow, this is great - have been searching for so long. But I also assumed there might be a 1.1 of the black one too. No dice though yet.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017 15:47 

Might need more information but I'm heavily leaning towards calling that Zippy Race a bootleg.
I've been looking at variations of licensed third-party manufactured Famicom games for quite some time. Most of Irem's games used custom cases. Earlier games had a distinct case design, with Irem's name molded in the plastic.
Later games used a case design more similar to Nintendo's standard, but with the Irem logo molded in the center of the top bevel, right above the label. The only Irem games I'm aware of to use the Nintendo case (without a molded Irem logo) seemed to be two Tamtex-developed games (with "TIX" secondary serial IDs, aside from Irem's "IF" serial numbers): Shinsenden and Taiyou no Yuusha: Firebird.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 00:11 
Datter

BigFred wrote:
Tauwasser wrote:

Wow, this is great - have been searching for so long. But I also assumed there might be a 1.1 of the black one too. No dice though yet.

Might be time to replace Aka no Sho with Kuro no Sho and unknown CRC32/MD5 :|

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017 14:47 
High Council

KingMike wrote:
Might need more information but I'm heavily leaning towards calling that Zippy Race a bootleg.
I've been looking at variations of licensed third-party manufactured Famicom games for quite some time. Most of Irem's games used custom cases. Earlier games had a distinct case design, with Irem's name molded in the plastic.
Later games used a case design more similar to Nintendo's standard, but with the Irem logo molded in the center of the top bevel, right above the label. The only Irem games I'm aware of to use the Nintendo case (without a molded Irem logo) seemed to be two Tamtex-developed games (with "TIX" secondary serial IDs, aside from Irem's "IF" serial numbers): Shinsenden and Taiyou no Yuusha: Firebird.

You are probably correct. I can't even remember where I found this. And there doesn't seem to be any more info around so it's at least very fishy.