MD Undumped 26.05.09

Post information about undumped games here.
ElBarto
Datter

Re: MD Undumped 26.05.09

Post by ElBarto » 30 May 2009 20:00

There are a lot of change since this list.
A lot of games have been redumped.

Gigadeath could you please post your up-to-date undumped list please ?

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 03 Jun 2009 12:46

I meant I update the dumped list, the undumped list is more or less the one Bigfred posted.

2 Games on One Cart (Europe) - ok, but we have 2 of them to dump CODEMASTERS 2IN1 (COSMIC SPACEHEAD - FANTASTIC DIZZY / CODEMASTERS 2IN1 (PSYCHIC PINBALL - MICRO MACHINES).

Strange Addams Family Values hasn't been dumped yet, didn't Cowering dump all USA releases?

Space Turtle Battleship is already dumped as Uzu Keobukseon (Korea), unless I'm missing something here.

Accolade games like Star Control are probably the same as their US counterparts. Moreover they must be dumped with an EPROM reader since they can't be dumped correctly with the SegaCD cable trick.

US/Euro release of F-22 Interceptor isn't in the list but it has the same problems of Accolade games, it can't be dumped with a consistent CRC with SegaCD cable, so an eventual redump should be done with an EPROM reader.

In my list I have a few PAL games which are dumped but I'd like to have a redump (Gain Ground, Fire Shark, etc) just to make shed some light on which regions got which CRCs.

The list misses Japanese World of Illusion Rev A, which we're sure it exists, Xacrow dumped it. We miss Valis III Rev 0 and Advance Daisenryaku Rev 0 too, but we have no certainty that they were released.

Galaxy Force II, I dumped Rev B, we don't know if the other dump we have is Rev 0 or Rev A, anyway we miss one of the 2.

Here is the updated file with the info posted on the forums.

EDIT: I updated a few things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 07 Jun 2009 11:20

According to this page the TecToy release of ISS Deluxe was officially translated.

http://www.romhacking.trd.br/index.php? ... pic=2260.0

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-92046073-_JM

This guy claims it's english but how would he know as long as it is sealed?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Int-Superstar-Soc ... otohosting

Maybe the info is taken from the goodgen rom International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (B) [p1][!]. Anyone has this and can check it out?

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 08 Jun 2009 12:17

Brazilian ISS seems to be an official release, but looking at region code in the header the Tectoy rom could match the Euro dump. Internal region code is often a liar, but still I think it's more probable for the Tectoy cart to match the Euro dump than the pirate one.

I checked the [p] Brazilian rom, no Konami logo AND no Sega logo means it's 99,99% pirate unlicensed crap... unless Tectoy went mad and cut off everything. Moreover I see no Portoguese language in the pirate dump, so I don't think it's from the officially translated cart your source talks about. Maybe it wasn't really translated and it matches the Euro dump, maybe it's a missing dump, maybe it really matches the pirate dump (but this is by far the least probable situation).

A redump is needed. But didn't someone dump all Brazilian carts a while ago?

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 09 Jun 2009 20:33

He dumped all I knew about. But I didn't have an idea about ISS. I think we need it.

SONIC3D

Post by SONIC3D » 18 Jun 2009 03:27

I have dumped these cart the day before yesterday.All of them have MegaDrive checksum ok.I Will release them today or tomorrow when I find a place to store it.All of them has a different region check message different from EU/US version.And Cool Spot doesn't have the 7Up Logo on the bottle in title intro.

Cool Spot(J) [CRC32:E869EFB1]
Stellar Assault(J)(32X) [CRC32:FCE4C8C7]
Wimbledon(J)[CRC32:3E0C9DAF]

And more,I got Sangokushi IV(Usually titled Romance of the Three Kingdom in US) and redumped it,proved the exist dump is good as I expected.The same to the Virtua Fighter(Japan) I have.

Spent me lots of money on collecting these cartrige since I'm stay in Mainland of China.The shipping fee is much much higher than the price of carts. :hypo: :boxed:

SONIC3D

Post by SONIC3D » 18 Jun 2009 03:41

And I think this game is not dumped yet.
But I don't have it.... :ninja: Some one get it before I make decision for spending USD100 on it.What a pity. :gba: It's released by samsung in South Korea.

Even VGRebirth do not have the title pic.
gm94017jt_title.jpg
gm94017jt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ElBarto
Datter

Post by ElBarto » 18 Jun 2009 07:57

SONIC3D wrote:I have dumped these cart the day before yesterday.All of them have MegaDrive checksum ok.I Will release them today or tomorrow when I find a place to store it.All of them has a different region check message different from EU/US version.And Cool Spot doesn't have the 7Up Logo on the bottle in title intro.

And more,I got Sangokushi IV(Usually titled Romance of the Three Kingdom in US) and redumped it,proved the exist dump is good as I expected.The same to the Virtua Fighter(Japan) I have.

Spent me lots of money on collecting these cartrige since I'm stay in Mainland of China.The shipping fee is much much higher than the price of carts. :hypo: :boxed:
Sweet, if you can post in the "New Dumps & Redumps" forums to notify that in the right area.
If you could also put picture it would be great.

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 18 Jun 2009 11:12

Great job!

About the korean one: Just like TecToy in brazil Samsung released almost the whole libraray of games in Korea. But this doesn't mean the dumps are all new. Just a few are translated or contain a different built of the code. Technically all would have to be dumped to make sure.

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 18 Jun 2009 13:43

SONIC3D wrote:I have dumped these cart the day before yesterday.All of them have MegaDrive checksum ok.I Will release them today or tomorrow when I find a place to store it.All of them has a different region check message different from EU/US version.And Cool Spot doesn't have the 7Up Logo on the bottle in title intro.

Wonderful! All your new dumps match Xacrow's CRCs, so they're pretty much guaranteed to be good dumps.

Japanese dumps already in the database (Sangokushi IV and Virtua Fighter included) all match CRCs from Xacrow's info, so further verifying is not strictly needed (but always welcome of course). For Japanese dumps the problem, rather than verifying, is getting the actual files :sdrop: but you just provided 3 of them!

Anyway here's my updated undumped list.

ElBarto
Datter

Post by ElBarto » 18 Jun 2009 14:41

gigadeath wrote: Anyway here's my updated undumped list.
Updated are you sure ? :P

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 18 Jun 2009 17:30

Yeah I took out the new dumps and a few verified PAL.

ElBarto
Datter

Post by ElBarto » 18 Jun 2009 18:12

Well a lot of games in your list have been dumped since :

- Aquatic Games PAL
- Arnold Palmer PAL
- Battle Squadron PAL
- Beavis & Butthead PAL
- Blockout PAL
- Buck Rogers PAL
- Bull Vs Lakers PAL

SONIC3D

Post by SONIC3D » 18 Jun 2009 19:11

hi,finally I remember I have a private blog for genesis info and dumped the Exo-Squad PAL last year(Can be found in recoverd thread in this forum now).So I released it there and posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1518

SONIC3D

Post by SONIC3D » 18 Jun 2009 19:20

gigadeath wrote:

Wonderful! All your new dumps match Xacrow's CRCs, so they're pretty much guaranteed to be good dumps.

Japanese dumps already in the database (Sangokushi IV and Virtua Fighter included) all match CRCs from Xacrow's info, so further verifying is not strictly needed (but always welcome of course). For Japanese dumps the problem, rather than verifying, is getting the actual files :sdrop: but you just provided 3 of them!

Anyway here's my updated undumped list.

Maybe this is a stupid question since I have not touch the dump and emu scene for a long time.Who is Xacrow?Good serie's admin?Does he dumped these cart already?How can I found the database?(If I know that these cart is already dumped I could spent money on undumps)

And more,I found there is many redumps records here,I suggest someone make a list of all released game and record the first annouced dump/gamebox pics and keep two redumps records(time/gamebox pics).Then to those games which have been already dumped and redumped for totally 3 times by three different trustable dumper,there's no need to annouce about redump it(Of cource you can dump it if you got a new one but if the dump result is same as previous three,you should not report it.Report only if you found a new revision).And try to make it an online realtime list.Keep an excel list is good in some way.But finding the newest xls list in tons of thread is really panic.That all my suggestion.
Sorry for my poor English. :lol: