MD Undumped 26.05.09

Post information about undumped games here.

Moderator: SonGoku

BigFred
High Council

Re: MD Undumped 26.05.09

Post by BigFred » 18 Jun 2009 19:32

ElBarto wrote:Well a lot of games in your list have been dumped since :

- Aquatic Games PAL
- Arnold Palmer PAL
- Battle Squadron PAL
- Beavis & Butthead PAL
- Blockout PAL
- Buck Rogers PAL
- Bull Vs Lakers PAL
My guess is that these are UE in the dat (maybe the info was taken over from goodgen?) but no one ever confirmed it with a dump. Similar to GB+GBC. I ignored all unconfirmed UE entries and there were indeed some new dumps discovered this way.

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 18 Jun 2009 21:49

A lot of PAL games in my list are probably identical to the USA versions, but I'd like to have some kind of verification anyway. I renamed most of them to UE myself back in the day because there's a 99% probability they match the USA dumps, but AFAIK we have no definitive confirmation on them, at least I have no official dump/dumper info about several PAL games. I preferred to have them named UE and list the uncertain cases in the undumped list for definitive verification of that 99% probability. I consider as not redumped everything not present in the dumplist.

Were the games you just listed redumped by someone trusted, with chip info and all? Maybe you dumped them yourself? I've seen no info about them on the forums.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 18 Jun 2009 22:14

SONIC3D wrote: Maybe this is a stupid question since I have not touch the dump and emu scene for a long time.Who is Xacrow?Good serie's admin?Does he dumped these cart already?How can I found the database?(If I know that these cart is already dumped I could spent money on undumps)

And more,I found there is many redumps records here,I suggest someone make a list of all released game and record the first annouced dump/gamebox pics and keep two redumps records(time/gamebox pics).Then to those games which have been already dumped and redumped for totally 3 times by three different trustable dumper,there's no need to annouce about redump it(Of cource you can dump it if you got a new one but if the dump result is same as previous three,you should not report it.Report only if you found a new revision).And try to make it an online realtime list.Keep an excel list is good in some way.But finding the newest xls list in tons of thread is really panic.That all my suggestion.
Sorry for my poor English. :lol:
I see what you mean. I explain: at this moment I update only the Excel file because editing an Excel file is much less time consuming than submitting to DoM individual entries for all 541 redumps I have recorded. I'll submit all redumps info to DoM 1) when I find a ton of time or 2) when DoM supports speed editing via masks a-la Excel/Access. I have not the time to go through multiple html pages to submit each one of 541 different redumps.

Second point, nearly every redump now corresponds to a verification, since almost all redumps match something already found in the web since years, either in Goodgen, or in Xacrow's infos. A 3 redumps for the same entry rule is moot, since for most CRCs we have already 2, often more, sources.

(BTW Xacrow is the king of hoarders. He was involved in hoarding material for most systems on earth, including CPS2 and Neo-Geo prototypes. But he left CRCs for every Japanese MD game ever released, so I forgive him :lol: ).

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 18 Jun 2009 22:20

BigFred wrote:
ElBarto wrote:Well a lot of games in your list have been dumped since :

- Aquatic Games PAL
- Arnold Palmer PAL
- Battle Squadron PAL
- Beavis & Butthead PAL
- Blockout PAL
- Buck Rogers PAL
- Bull Vs Lakers PAL
My guess is that these are UE in the dat (maybe the info was taken over from goodgen?) but no one ever confirmed it with a dump. Similar to GB+GBC. I ignored all unconfirmed UE entries and there were indeed some new dumps discovered this way.
They're UE in the dat simply because I renamed them that way following the 99% probability rule :lol:, not because they were redumped. All trusted redump infos I know about are listed in my dumped list. All doubtful cases are listed in my undumped list. Everything not on my undumped list is not doubtful. So yes, the list is updated :lol:

If I want to see a confirmational redump of something, that something goes to the undumped list, regardless of its name in the dat ;) the search for dump-needy games must be based on the undumped list, not on the dat.

kazumi213
High Council

Post by kazumi213 » 19 Jun 2009 00:31

gigadeath wrote: I see what you mean. I explain: at this moment I update only the Excel file because editing an Excel file is much less time consuming than submitting to DoM individual entries for all 541 redumps I have recorded. I'll submit all redumps info to DoM 1) when I find a ton of time or 2) when DoM supports speed editing via masks a-la Excel/Access. I have not the time to go through multiple html pages to submit each one of 541 different redumps.
This is possible. Please contact xuom2 for verification database format (CSV). I think you'd just need to rearrange your fields in Excel, then send him the resulting CSV.

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 19 Jun 2009 05:58

Yes, any operation can be done by import/export of tables, using the interface or contacting me.
I suggest to wait the end of the count-down, I am very busy..

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 20 Jun 2009 08:53

Turrican PAL is also undumped? Can't see it in the db.

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 20 Jun 2009 11:24

Yeah I left it around while renaming. It's a Ballistic game so ------> 99,999999999999999999999999999% UE

The box cover itself says "For the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive system", like other Ballistic games, so there's not much space for speculation.

I'll add it to the undumped list too, if someone is so kind to offer a confirmational dump. But in all sincerity, I wouldn't spend a single cent to buy it. Maybe if someone got it already in his collection...

EDIT: I went through Ebay to check box covers for all first-generation Ballistic games (the ones with the paperboard box): it seems that the only Genesis-exclusive releases by Ballistic were Star Control and HardBall.

These display "For the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive system":
Double Dragon
Mike Ditka Power Football
Onslaught
Super Off Road
Test Drive 2
Turrican
Universal Soldier
Winter Challenge

Yuki
Dumper

Post by Yuki » 20 Jun 2009 12:47

Well, very valuable MD is here.
The amount of money is secret.

Because I do not have DumpTool, I will pass it to another Dumper. ;)

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 20 Jun 2009 13:03

That is San San right?

Yuki
Dumper

Post by Yuki » 20 Jun 2009 13:53

yap San San

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 20 Jun 2009 17:45

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E :D

Nights

Post by Nights » 25 Jun 2009 22:23

SONIC3D wrote:And I think this game is not dumped yet.
But I don't have it.... :ninja: Some one get it before I make decision for spending USD100 on it.What a pity. :gba: It's released by samsung in South Korea.

Even VGRebirth do not have the title pic.
gm94017jt_title.jpg
gm94017jt.jpg

This is same with "Contra - Hard Corps (U) [!] (GoodGen)".

In many cases, Samsung cartridges' dump results are same with Japanese cartridges. Or USA, Europe cartridges. :)

gigadeath
Datter

Post by gigadeath » 25 Jun 2009 23:50

Thanks for the info. BTW if you have other dump infos about Korean carts like the one you just posted for Contra, feel free to post them, we need to keep track of what Korean releases are dumped and what are still out there, since they may be different/unique dumps.

coolnation

Re: MD Undumped 26.05.09 (Update 03.09.09)

Post by coolnation » 25 Jul 2009 12:25