It is currently 16 Dec 2017 17:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2016 05:14 
Datter

Densetsu wrote:
einstein95 wrote:
Densetsu wrote:
How hard is it to dump Wii DLC content? Is there a tutorial?

Is it possible to dump Japanese games with a non-Japanese console?

PM me the ticket extracted from the Wii console and I'll add the DLC to DOM if it is a new or better than current dump.

Sorry if I was unclear... I haven't bought/done anything yet! I just asked because I wanted to get a "vague" idea what is needed in general for dumping Wii DLC content.

Basic step-by-step guide:
  • Back up NAND
  • Region change the Wii to whatever region you want (I use WiiMod 3.2)
  • Go to shop, top up points using Nintendo Points card of that region (if applicable)
  • Spend all Nintendo Points, after region change back they won't be usable
  • Extract tickets from console using WiiExplorer
Note that if you change the region to Korean, some titles will not install but the ticket is downloaded.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2017 02:15 

Wii eShop will be closing down on January 31st 2019, with the ability to add new points to an account going away on March 27th 2018.

Between the last update and now, it is possible to fully emulate the Wii Shop channel including purchasing and downloading games legally to a virtual NAND within Dolphin. And I presume homebrew has progressed to a point where dumping/ripping from Wii NANDs is fairly simple for these downloading titles? Hopefully we can update the list here for any remaining undumped or bad-dumped Wii DLC titles. I haven't scraped the dat for any changed compared to the list in this thread yet.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2017 18:31 

I'm pretty sure the Nintendo Points cards have been discontinued for years now, leaving using an internationally-supported credit card the only way (such as a Visa. You could buy a gift card if you are worried about giving away a personal number, though you'd have to pay a service fee as well.)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2017 19:18 
Datter

If it hasn't done been done already, someone (with the necessary skills) should backup all the titles on the server (they'd be encrypted, obviously). Then if keys are dumped after the titles go offline, all versions of a title with a dumped key can be decrypted, not just the version that was on the Wii the key was recovered from.

And of it allows for potential key bruteforcing in the future, if such technology will ever become cheap enough.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2017 02:52 

Hiccup wrote:
If it hasn't done been done already, someone (with the necessary skills) should backup all the titles on the server (they'd be encrypted, obviously). Then if keys are dumped after the titles go offline, all versions of a title with a dumped key can be decrypted, not just the version that was on the Wii the key was recovered from.

And of it allows for potential key bruteforcing in the future, if such technology will ever become cheap enough.

Backing up as many titles as we can from as many regions as we can is probably the best idea, for the exact reasons that you've said. May not ever make it PERFECT for use... But No-Intro is all about preservation for a reason!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017 15:33 
Datter

There are titles that have one version dumped, but not their other versions. How can I use a wad + wii and/or nus-downloader to make proper dumps of other versions? I.e. how can I use the ticket from a wad to create another proper wad of the same title, but different title version?