Go-Net - please contribute

Post information about undumped games here.
BigFred
High Council

Go-Net - please contribute

Post by BigFred » 18 Oct 2013 12:57

Boys n girls - I got it. Go-Net is in my hands. But seriously - this was quite a hit I had to take. So please dont let me down on this one or I will never do such a thing again in my life. If you have something to contribute please PM me and I will give you my paypal address. I will be very relieved when I see I have done the right thing and poeple support me. I will chip in 100 Euro so if anyone wants to buy it is 1500 Euro (a bit less because the actual price was a bit lower). If more people contribute it will get cheaper. I dont want to make profit I just need to be refunded somehow. And this time I really cannot just release the dump before I got my money back. Please understand. When people have the dump they wont care and I have to hope for a collector to buy it for that price. If I can get it down to maye 1000 Euro with contributions it will probably be easy to sell. Thanks a lot in advance. :)

relax
High Council

Re: Go-Net - please contribute

Post by relax » 18 Oct 2013 20:26

I think this is a great chance to have this rarity released. I will chip in 100€ as well. :)

Everyone, please support BigFred with whatever you can. He's done so much for this community.

badinsults

Post by badinsults » 19 Oct 2013 04:58

Can you give us a little bit of a background on this thing that makes it worth that much?

xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 » 19 Oct 2013 06:39

of course, count me in.

relax
High Council

Post by relax » 19 Oct 2013 07:38

It's listed as the third most valuable Japanese Mega Drive Software.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/gen ... rive-games

More information about how it it works: (in Japanese)
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fa2k-smz/megax06.html

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 20 Oct 2013 00:37

I have received a few posts of someone who is worried about fakes showing up on ebay after its been dumped. Any opinions about this? The games should not be copied easily as long as the cover art is unavailable imo.
badinsults wrote:Can you give us a little bit of a background on this thing that makes it worth that much?
Of course. Just like some others like San San this game uses the Sega MegaModem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_MegaModem

Probably not a very common device. According to the information provided in the loose cart ebay auction it was only sold through mail order in Japan in a limited period of time. In contrary to San San where an additional old stock had been released by the developer this game is still one of the holy grails in video game history. Even Adol didnt know abou this for years and it was the last game he aquired. Nearly nothing is known about the game itself except for being a Go game (well - I will change this). I heared you can still play those games as most didnt need to connect to a server.

kiddocabbusses

Post by kiddocabbusses » 20 Oct 2013 04:41

Oh, my apologies for not realizing this was a rare MegaDrive item.

Perhaps you could get some attention for this at TCRF or Sonic Retro forums. I'll post about it in the Sega Channel thread I set up where the Japanese BIOS dump is now.

badinsults

Post by badinsults » 21 Oct 2013 10:13

Yeah, I have to admit that I can't justify paying for something Sega related at the moment. I am trying to go for some Super Famicom prototypes that appeared on Yahoo Japan auctions and Ebay recently, and if I win those, it will sap much of my spare money.

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 27 Oct 2013 19:02