No-Intro Official Wiki Miss Lists ~ Post Additions Here

Post information about undumped games here.
Hiccup
Datter

Re: No-Intro Official Wiki Miss Lists ~ Post Additions Here

Post by Hiccup » 10 Oct 2018 19:59

BigFred wrote:
10 Oct 2018 17:41
Interesting - thanks. Can you download these lists somewhere? I'd like to check a few things.
Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SZ8iE0 ... sp=sharing
As I said on VGPC:
"Here are some internal Nintendo release spreadsheets from 2013 that someone sent me, for cart systems from DSi and before + DSiWare."

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 10 Oct 2018 22:55

Thank you for these :) Incredible stuff - unfortunately not absolutely exhaustive. We still found some versions not listed there. And I believe a few unreleased revisions and games are in there as well. But still ultimately helpful.

In the Wiki's N64 section there is a Top Gear Rally listed with serial NGRZ. Actually this one is not in the list but the missing one is NGRX. And I found a picture:

https://deskgram.net/p/1850893469541095876_4116850558

It's an Asian release with code NGRX-ASM.

I can't find the DMG-YKX-1 World Cup Striker in Game Boy section either. There is only a DMG-YKX-0 in the list which might indeed be missing as "Soccer" is "DMG-YKY-0" and "X" is a mystery since ages. However the Japanese release appears to be "DMG-YKA-0" so that YKX would most likely have been an European release of World Cup Striker which is either an insanely rare release no one found yet or it was cancelled. Might also be an Asian release like Top Gear.

Also if possible I'd like to know who found the picture of Game Boy "Sewing cart" and where.

relax
High Council

Post by relax » 10 Oct 2018 22:59

Lots of interesting things in those lists to investigate. :)

For NES there are two lists, one file list with filename, relative path (on their server) and a checksum, and another list with a lot of additional info. The checksum is in Checksum-16 format. For instance load a headerless ROM of Rockman 1 in HxD and you will get a Checksum-16 of 2899, the same as stated in Nintendos filelist for CAPRX0P.188.

In the NES days Nintendo liked to number their ROMs, the file name extension was the release number. And the file name had a fixed stucture consisting of maker code, game code, revision, and the letter C or P (for CHR and PRG?). This I was aware of from before after having studied NES ROMs extracted from Virtual Console, many of which follow this structure. On Virtual Console the last letter of the combined CHR+PRG ROM is "A" (for all?).

To use the Rockman series as an example. The file names from the extracted ROMs of 3DS Virtual Console are as follows. Here Rockman 4 stands out as the only ROM with revision 1, and it's missing in Dat-O-Matic. Rev 1 of Rockman 4 is only a few bytes different from rev 0. Nintendo's master lists confirms the existence of rev 1 (at least on Nintendo's archive, we still need to search for a physical release.)
  • CAPRX0A.188 Rockman (Japan) (En)
    CAPXR0A.303 Rockman 2 - Dr. Wily no Nazo (Japan)
    CAPXU0A.507 Rockman 3 - Dr. Wily no Saigo! (Japan)
    CAP4V1A.667 Rockman 4 - Aratanaru Yabou!! (Japan)
    CAP5V0A.740 Rockman 5 - Blues no Wana! (Japan)
    CAP6V0A.771 Rockman 6 - Shijou Saidai no Tatakai!! (Japan)
The big NES list (named HNPdata_List for HVC-NES-PAL) has more checksums. For Rockman 4 it has four checksums: PRG-0, PRG-1, PRG-2 and PRG-3. Rockman 4s PRG size is 512KB or 4 times 128KB, and those four checksum are for each 128KB segment. The extracted ROM from 3DS VC has the correct checksum for all four 128KB segments.

Fun fact, we have all other Japanese Capcom revisions than Rockman 4 in Dat-O-Matic.
  • HVC CAP TA 1 Tatakai no Banka
    HVC CAP IM 1 Ide Yousuke Meijin no Jissen Mahjong
    HVC CAP YZ 1 Tenchi o Kurau
    HVC CAP 2V 1 Tenchi o Kurau II - Shokatsu Koumei Den
    HVC CAP 4V 1 Rockman 4 - Aratanaru Yabou!!

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 11 Oct 2018 09:42

The list doesn't seem to contain several releases by Konami etc. Or I simply don't find these. Reason being the carts have not been produced by Nintendo but by Konami themselves. For example Contra, Twinbee and more. They also used a completely different code system. Check bootgod's database. It seems then at a certain point they used official Nintendo cartridges with a "KDS" code and official ROMs, e.g. Rampart which also used the same game identifier code as used for the other regions.

I never paid so much attention to this but sometimes wondered why we have cartridges that do not use official cart codes and do not contain standard ROMs and Nintendo IDs. Now what is the reason for this? Same appears to be valid for Bandai. Were they allowed to do this due to a special contract?

Tauwasser
Datter

Post by Tauwasser » 11 Oct 2018 18:55

BigFred wrote:
10 Oct 2018 22:55
Also if possible I'd like to know who found the picture of Game Boy "Sewing cart" and where.
I found it and it's mentioned on the wiki page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/commen ... h=c66a1b2e

The World Cup game, I don't know about. I did extensive googling and never found different cartridge designs. But I couldn't find a cartridge version of the Happy Price cartridge, but the packaging clearly states DMG-YKA-1, which usually indicated a revision in the old days. So it might be some other Asian or International release that everybody is unaware of.

hydr0x
Dumper

Post by hydr0x » 12 Oct 2018 07:22

BigFred wrote:
11 Oct 2018 09:42
Reason being the carts have not been produced by Nintendo but by Konami themselves.
Yes, we already noticed this, the list only seems to contain PCBs produced by Nintendo in their factories, not those produced elsewhere. Explains some missing SNES stuff too.

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 12 Oct 2018 11:35

Ototo seems to be reading here. He dumped Oni 1.1 and Puyo Puyo n 1.1 and 1.2 so these are confirmed.
Tauwasser wrote:
11 Oct 2018 18:55
BigFred wrote:
10 Oct 2018 22:55
I found it and it's mentioned on the wiki page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/commen ... h=c66a1b2e

The World Cup game, I don't know about. I did extensive googling and never found different cartridge designs. But I couldn't find a cartridge version of the Happy Price cartridge, but the packaging clearly states DMG-YKA-1, which usually indicated a revision in the old days. So it might be some other Asian or International release that everybody is unaware of.
Thanks - I already found this post about the sewing cart yesterday. Did you ask him if he still owns it?

About the YKA-1: Couldn't it just refer to the boxart? There is no mention about a revision in the list. Even if there was an unlisted one it would most likely be a DMG-YKA-1 ROM id. A DMG-YKX-0 wouldn't make too much sense for a revision imo. But who knows. Does it exist as a Chinese CHN release?

There are a few releases I'm sceptical about: Hero Quest ist listed for the NES. But it's an unreleased game that was discovered some time ago.

Another one is Prince of Persia Italian version. We have English, German, French and Spanish editions but I have never seen an Italian one which would be a new addition to the "PAL A" list as an UK version doesn't appear to exist either. Maybe it exists but if so it must be very hard to find.

KingMike

Post by KingMike » 13 Oct 2018 03:26

I thought at one point I had bothered to type out the list of which Konami Famicom games were in which case style, but I can't find that.
As some games were easy to mix up: such as for example, a legitimate Famicom Contra comes in a Konami case (one in a Nintendo case is a bootleg and probably utilizes the US ROM), whereas Super Contra was legitimately produced in a Nintendo case.
(likely the difference is that the Famicom Contra utilized VRC2? in Japan and MMC1 elsewhere whereas Super Contra used a MMC everywhere?)

Tauwasser
Datter

Post by Tauwasser » 13 Oct 2018 09:34

BigFred wrote:
12 Oct 2018 11:35
Thanks - I already found this post about the sewing cart yesterday. Did you ask him if the still owns it?
Yes, I did. No response so far.
BigFred wrote:
About the YKA-1: Couldn't it just refer to the boxart? There is no mention about a revision in the list. Even if there was an unlisted one it would most likely be a DMG-YKA-1 ROM id. A DMG-YKX-0 wouldn't make too much sense for a revision imo. But who knows.
I'm talking about these pictures: https://www.royalroms.com/assets/ROM-Im ... er-rom.jpg vs. https://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/box/1/6/ ... _front.jpg
Image vs. Image

Box art revisions are usually not displayed so prominently. I'm not aware of any DMG box art revisions, but CGB revisions are marked on one of the box flaps.
BigFred wrote:
Does it exist as a Chinese CHN release?
Definitely not. Chinese Releases also aren't in the master release table, unfortunately.

relax
High Council

Post by relax » 13 Oct 2018 10:48

I checked Nintendo's masterlist for missing NES USA revisions in the dat. One of them, Tiger-Heli (Rev 1), can be made by combining NES-TI-0 PRG from Tiger-Heli (USA) and NES-TI-1 CHR from Tiger-Heli (Europe) (Rev A), the checksums match with what's stated in the masterlist.

[NES-LD] Bases Loaded (Rev 3) // Virtual Console is Rev 2
[NES-8T] Battletoads (Rev 1)
[NES-8D] Digger - The Legend of the Lost City (Rev 1)
[NES-Y5] Galaxy 5000 - Racing in the 51st Century (Rev 1)
[NES-HM] Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York (Rev 1)
[NES-KI] Kid Icarus (Rev 1) // Same as Europe
[NES-LF] Life Force (Rev 1) // Found in Virtual Console
[NES-9M] Miracle Piano Teaching System, The (Rev 1)
[NES-XZ] Nintendo World Cup (Rev 1)
[NES-PM] R.C. Pro-Am (Rev 2)
[NES-6V] Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball (Rev 1)
[NES-2S] Sky Shark (Rev 1)
[NES-OC] Startropics (Rev 1)
[NES-8N] Blue Marlin (Rev 1)
[NES-TI] Tiger-Heli (Rev 1) // Recreated from existing dumps
[NES-OG] Top Gun - The Second Mission (Rev 1)

Vigi

Post by Vigi » 13 Oct 2018 17:49

Is anyone still checking the SNES sheets for missing revision? Because many seem to be missing from the wiki, e.g.:

Batman Forever (USA) (Rev A)
Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, The (USA) (Rev A)
Super Street Fighter II (USA) (Rev A) - this one is available on virtual console, but after fixing the missing samples, the checksum is still invalid :( maybe someone has better luck than me.

edit: Looks like it's also discussed here: https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2203

Vigi

Post by Vigi » 14 Oct 2018 09:57

relax wrote:
13 Oct 2018 10:48
[NES-KI] Kid Icarus (Rev 1)
[NES-LF] Life Force (Rev 1)
[NES-PT] Punch-Out!! (Rev 1)
- Kid Icarus has the same CRC listed as the Europe (Rev A) release, guess it should be renamed to (USA, Europe)?
- For Life Force, the virtual console ROM is probably the (Rev A)
- I guess [NES-PT] Punch-Out!! (Rev 1) = Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Japan, USA) (Rev A), which is already dumped?
- And who will add Tiger-Heli (USA) (Rev A) to DOM?

ps. Does anyone know how the CRC's in the sheets are calculated? The first 2 digits seem to match what Gameheader outputs, but the last 2 don't.
Last edited by relax on 14 Oct 2018 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link

BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred » 14 Oct 2018 10:39

Tiger Heli confirms what I already suspected. The cart appears to be pretty rare unfortunately. I saw an US A stamped cart only once and it was a picture taken from a former auction. Do we add it without final confirmation the cartridge actually exists? I'm sure it does but you never know... We don't really require a dump - a picture of the PCB would be fine.

Life Force is weird. Bootgod already dumped a revision A - he told me by mail afair and it's in the database as well. Still a v 1.0 ROM though. Maybe caseswitched?

relax
High Council

Post by relax » 14 Oct 2018 11:25

You're right about Punch-Out, I removed it.

The checksum used by Nintendo in the NES sheets is Checksum-16. I use HxD on headerless, split ROMs to calculate it.

Kid Icarus rev 1 USA and Europe both have PRG checksum of BO8F, which is the same as the existing dump Kid Icarus (Europe) (Rev A). It would still be nice to get a confirmation that a physical USA-cart exits.

Life Force rev 1 with file name NESLF1P.113 has a checksum of 65C7, this is the same as the Virtual Console version, so one more down. :)

I also checked the Virtual Console version of Bases Loaded, but it's rev 2, not the missing rev 3. :(

Vigi

Post by Vigi » 14 Oct 2018 12:47

relax wrote:
14 Oct 2018 11:25
You're right about Punch-Out, I removed it.

The checksum used by Nintendo in the NES sheets is Checksum-16. I use HxD on headerless, split ROMs to calculate it.

Kid Icarus rev 1 USA and Europe both have PRG checksum of BO8F, which is the same as the existing dump Kid Icarus (Europe) (Rev A). It would still be nice to get a confirmation that a physical USA-cart exits.

Life Force rev 1 with file name NESLF1P.113 has a checksum of 65C7, this is the same as the Virtual Console version, so one more down. :)

I also checked the Virtual Console version of Bases Loaded, but it's rev 2, not the missing rev 3. :(
Ok I was trying CRC-16, so year Checksum-16 it is :)

I tried to edit the Kid Ikarus region in DOM to (USA, Europe), but I guess I'm too much of a noob, could someone fix it plz? And also add Life Force + Tiger Heli plz.

And also, Legend of Zelda, The (USA) (Rev B) is listed in the sheets, but you didn't mention it. The gamecube edition seems to have a different checksum. Perhaps there's a way to unpatch it?
edit: I also notice now that it's listed as having a separate CHR ROM, which is very strange, considering the previous revision didn't have it.
edit 2: Looking at the FileList.csv, it doesn't list the (Rev B) file.

I will also check the "Rare Replay" Xbox One bundle to see if it has Battletoads (Rev A) / R.C. Pro-Am (Rev B) ROMs that can be ripped somehow.
Last edited by Vigi on 14 Oct 2018 13:32, edited 3 times in total.